Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A bit of an odd question I know.

I am asking who had the most freakish body, a frame that allowed them to go to differing weights?

The guy that springs to mind for me is Tommy Hearns, maybe other people have other ideas:dunno:

Be interested to know....

·
Registered
772 Posts
when i first looked at this title of the thread instantly i thought roy jones, then i realised anyone can take steroids to move up to heavyweight.

so i changed my mind............ only kidding it has to be roy jones, just thought i'd get a few feathers russtled.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Yeah I would mos def choose Sugar Ray Robinson for the fact that during his time, there was no jr middleweight or super middleweight classes. Sugar Ray Robinson started as a welterweight champ. Moved up two divisions (in todays boxing) and became a successful middleweight champion. Then moved up another two divisions and almost became a light heavyweight champion (against Maxim) if it wasn't due to the 100+ degree weather in Brooklyn Stadium. He got TKOd since almost died of heat exhaustion. After the loss, he took a couple of years off and came back down to the middleweight division to continue his reign. No doubt it's got to be Sugar Ray Robinson. RJ is a good arguement though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cant believe no one mentioned this guy.. Henry Armstrong. The only man to hold 3 different weight class titles at the same time thats amazing!!

Roy Jones of course, Tommy Hearns, I think Floyd has done a splendid job moving up in weight, he did have to make major style adjustments.

James Toney from middleweight all the way up to heavyweight and holding his own is impressive

also duran the natural lightweight moving up beating leonard at a higher weight and going the distance with hagler

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
In no particular order: Roy Jones Jr.(154-200), Mayweather Jr.(130-154), Henry Armstrong(126-160), Tommy Hearns(147-190), Toney(160-230), De La Hoya(130-160), SRR(147-175), SRL(147-175), Duran(135-168), Manny Pacquiao has to be one of or the more impressive at 106 to 147 IMO. If he can beat De La Hoya, I'd put him at #1 in a list, Armstrong is first becuase he won The Championship at all these weights not just a belt (except at 160 where he drew with Garcia)

·
Registered
339 Posts
In no particular order: Roy Jones Jr.(154-200), Mayweather Jr.(130-154), Henry Armstrong(126-160), Tommy Hearns(147-190), Toney(160-230), De La Hoya(130-160), SRR(147-175), SRL(147-175), Duran(135-168), Manny Pacquiao has to be one of or the more impressive at 106 to 147 IMO. If he can beat De La Hoya, I'd put him at #1 in a list, Armstrong is first becuase he won The Championship at all these weights not just a belt (except at 160 where he drew with Garcia)
Agreed man, if Pacman can beat DLH then he has to be up there on this list. Would be an amazing achievement.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts