Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Other than drugs, alcohol and fast food.
Tough Q.

Well I read this, went on a run and ended up thinking about it while freezing my ass off.
So here's what I came up with from my own experience's...

Not progressively overloading your cardio, meaning: not varying types of cardiovascular exercise(your body will physiologically adapt to a normal routine eventually making the routine 'not enough'), not regularly exercising at a level beyond that of what your accustumed to(switching up intensity, volume, time of your exercise).

Taking breaks from cardio will decrease stamina. On your 'off' days it's ok to rest from boxing and weights, but do atleast 10 minutes if not more of moderate intensity cardio.

Second hand smoke/ polluted air

Lower altitudes

Hormonal changes: Mainly adrenal hormones which include epinephrine, and cortisol(stress hormone, regulates blood sugar uptake in organs, etc.), high blood pressure, and possibly lower cardiac output can result.

Lack of macronutrients(vitamins and minerals and other essential elements)Take a multivitamin. Calcium w/vitamin D and Magnesium promotes more ATP(energy) production. Eat food with lots of carbs and fiber.

Then alot of it is just unexplainable, it could just be in your head(boredom, lack of interest, lower self-esteem, or something on the mind other than what your doing)

I sometimes, but rarely, have days where I feel like I haven't ran for weeks for some reason, and that I can't explain:dunno:

Well I tried, hope I helped, no physiology this semester so I'm little rusty:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm..I am stressing about what happened with my ex that could affect my stamina i hope not cause tomorrow i have to go to another gym to spar some random 119 pounder and i'm a little nervous. Nervousness kills my stamina unfortunately so i may be screwed. What multivitamin would you recommend for me? I haven't been really bored training and lack of interest is the last thing i'll be dealing with being that i watch boxing 24/7 think about boxing 24/7 and train 2 hours a day atleast 4 days a week. Self esteem is never an issue with me. I sometimes slack off when training so now that you told me i need to turn it up a notch so my body doesn't get accustomed to the training i'll be picking it up more. Thanks for the advice and looking forward to your reply :thumbsup:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hmm..I am stressing about what happened with my ex that could affect my stamina i hope not cause tomorrow i have to go to another gym to spar some random 119 pounder and i'm a little nervous. Nervousness kills my stamina unfortunately so i may be screwed. What multivitamin would you recommend for me? I haven't been really bored training and lack of interest is the last thing i'll be dealing with being that i watch boxing 24/7 think about boxing 24/7 and train 2 hours a day atleast 4 days a week. Self esteem is never an issue with me. I sometimes slack off when training so now that you told me i need to turn it up a notch so my body doesn't get accustomed to the training i'll be picking it up more. Thanks for the advice and looking forward to your reply :thumbsup:
Bold: I figured

First of all, the hell w/ your x, you need to get that sh!t out of your head asap. Do something that you've done in the past that clears your head and relieves your stress. I hate to say it but lifting weights one of the biggest stress relievers out there, I wouldn't take my probs to the boxing club though imo:thumbsup:The reason behind your restlessness, nervousness depriving you of your stamina goes straight to your adrenal glands on your kidney's. Epinephrine(adrenaline)(also some pituitary hormones in the brain that reg. breathing) is what is causing this. As you know Some of this is good to have before a fight, etc. but too much and your respiration rate and heart rate will rise too much and you'll end up spent earlier than you normally would be. It would be a good idea to learn how to cope or somehow minimize this for the future imo(breathing exerices, something like that idk, etc.)but then again if your get in elite, elite, elite shape, you prob won't have to worry bout it as much. I can't think of any other way to help you, maybe I'll come up w/ something 2morrow cuz I gotta get up in 5 hours:):facepalm:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ahh cmon man, I'm sure there's plenty of other foxy NY ladies strollin around your area + it's about to be snow bunny season:)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bold: I figured

First of all, the hell w/ your x, you need to get that sh!t out of your head asap. Do something that you've done in the past that clears your head and relieves your stress. I hate to say it but lifting weights one of the biggest stress relievers out there, I wouldn't take my probs to the boxing club though imo:thumbsup:The reason behind your restlessness, nervousness depriving you of your stamina goes straight to your adrenal glands on your kidney's. Epinephrine(adrenaline)(also some pituitary hormones in the brain that reg. breathing) is what is causing this. As you know Some of this is good to have before a fight, etc. but too much and your respiration rate and heart rate will rise too much and you'll end up spent earlier than you normally would be. It would be a good idea to learn how to cope or somehow minimize this for the future imo(breathing exerices, something like that idk, etc.)but then again if your get in elite, elite, elite shape, you prob won't have to worry bout it as much. I can't think of any other way to help you, maybe I'll come up w/ something 2morrow cuz I gotta get up in 5 hours:):facepalm:
lol I go running which relieves my stress and boxing also relieves my stress. I can't lift weights cause i have a fight on the 20th. The nervousness took away all my energy when i sparred on saturday. I couldn't move my legs like i'm able to and couldn't breathe as well as i normally do. 4 years ain't easy but slowly i'm feeling happier and happier. I'm getting over her but it'll take some time unfortunately.

·
Registered
841 Posts
lol I go running which relieves my stress and boxing also relieves my stress. I can't lift weights cause i have a fight on the 20th. The nervousness took away all my energy when i sparred on saturday. I couldn't move my legs like i'm able to and couldn't breathe as well as i normally do. 4 years ain't easy but slowly i'm feeling happier and happier. I'm getting over her but it'll take some time unfortunately.
Bold 1: me too, like to have a clear mind when I'm boxing though.

2:Gotta learn to calm yourself a little bit and that won't happen, but then again if I was in your situation my nerves would be nuts, and prob. def. will be down the road when I finally start fighting.

3:Sorry to hear that bro. I apologize for the my insensitivity, it's prob. cuz I went through a %100 identical situation when I was your age. Believe me when I say you'll look back at it in a couple of years and wonder why the fukk you were even stressin over that sh!t at all:thumbsup:Good luck with sparring today man:thumbsup:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Sex, too much sugar, anxiety, overextended workouts, lack of hydration, lack of balanced nutritious diet...there are many things that can cause a decrease in stamina.

First thing to try is to make sure you are eating HEALTHY and drink a ton of water. That makes a noticeable difference for me when playing sports.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Sex, too much sugar, anxiety, overextended workouts, lack of hydration, lack of balanced nutritious diet...there are many things that can cause a decrease in stamina.

First thing to try is to make sure you are eating HEALTHY and drink a ton of water. That makes a noticeable difference for me when playing sports.
I dont think He's gonna have to worry about this 2 much n e more :laugh:

Jus playing man, I feel for u. just keep ya head up.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

2:Gotta learn to calm yourself a little bit and that won't happen, but then again if I was in your situation my nerves would be nuts, and prob. def. will be down the road when I finally start fighting.

3:Sorry to hear that bro. I apologize for the my insensitivity, it's prob. cuz I went through a %100 identical situation when I was your age. Believe me when I say you'll look back at it in a couple of years and wonder why the fukk you were even stressin over that sh!t at all Good luck with sparring today man:thumbsup:
My mother told me the same thing awhile back when i was crying over her some **** happened i don't remember but i was hysterical but i know i'll think that way and it makes me happy to think that. Having a person that loves you and loving another person for 4 years (since i was at 12 which made my dependency stronger) taken away from you just throws you completely off man but i'm too strong to fall from this
I gotta try to learn how to calm myself down which i tried my last sparring session but had a tough time. Over time i'll get over it.

Thanks by the way :thumbsup:

My diet is healthy 'cept i eat a LOT of candy it's ridiculous. Candy is one thing that i love. Also i eat a lot of yogurt and one cup has like 25g of sugar which i stopped buying that and started buying a yogurt with 11g of sugar instead. Thanks for that one that was one main reason why my stamina isn't the department i'm great at i eat way too much candy and have a lot of sugar in my diet you've solved most of my problem. I don't think i overextend my workouts so i don't need to worry too much about that. I drink a lot of water so i'm good on that so looks like i'm all good in most of the areas.

I dont think He's gonna have to worry about this 2 much n e more :laugh:

Jus playing man, I feel for u. just keep ya head up.
:laugh: Prick

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Tough Q.

Well I read this, went on a run and ended up thinking about it while freezing my ass off.
So here's what I came up with from my own experience's...

Not progressively overloading your cardio, meaning: not varying types of cardiovascular exercise(your body will physiologically adapt to a normal routine eventually making the routine 'not enough'), not regularly exercising at a level beyond that of what your accustumed to(switching up intensity, volume, time of your exercise).

Taking breaks from cardio will decrease stamina. On your 'off' days it's ok to rest from boxing and weights, but do atleast 10 minutes if not more of moderate intensity cardio.

Second hand smoke/ polluted air

Lower altitudes

Hormonal changes: Mainly adrenal hormones which include epinephrine, and cortisol(stress hormone, regulates blood sugar uptake in organs, etc.), high blood pressure, and possibly lower cardiac output can result.

Lack of macronutrients(vitamins and minerals and other essential elements)Take a multivitamin. Calcium w/vitamin D and Magnesium promotes more ATP(energy) production. Eat food with lots of carbs and fiber.

Then alot of it is just unexplainable, it could just be in your head(boredom, lack of interest, lower self-esteem, or something on the mind other than what your doing)

I sometimes, but rarely, have days where I feel like I haven't ran for weeks for some reason, and that I can't explain

Well I tried, hope I helped, no physiology this semester so I'm little rusty:thumbsup:
Solid post. You covered a lot of bases:thumbsup:
Ahh cmon man, I'm sure there's plenty of other foxy NY ladies strollin around your area + it's about to be snow bunny season:)
Damn man... don't remind me. I love NY, but I can't stay there.
4 years? Man, that isn't easy, whether it was you or your girl that ended it, know that there's bigger and better things ahead. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret to help you feel better and work harder: make her regret not being with you. What's the best way you can do that? Success. Be successful.

3:Sorry to hear that bro. I apologize for the my insensitivity, it's prob. cuz I went through a %100 identical situation when I was your age. Believe me when I say you'll look back at it in a couple of years and wonder why the fukk you were even stressin over that sh!t at all. Good luck with sparring today man:thumbsup:
I'm trying to watch as much James Toney as I can . He is the best example of relaxation in the ring, he looks like nothing can get to him. The more I see him, the more I understand that it's mental. He really believes he can beat anyones ass, some people say it, but when they get in the ring they don't look like it, he does.

Sex can shitt on your stamina, and I think it's because it dehydrates you.

Afterward, one day when I got more into boxing, I told my trainer the reason why my stamina was so shitty was that I had fukked the night before, he told me it was more of mental thing on my part. So I started thinking about it and I saw that old time boxers would fight every month, sometimes every week, going 15 rounds (sometimes) for the span of their career. I don't think they were abstinent for all that time. My feeling is, although it does affect your stamina well, it won't if it's a week before.

Also, it's possible to overtrain, but if you rest a couple days a week, I would think you'd be good.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Buy GNC Men's Mega Men Sport, Caplets Online at drugstore.com

·
Registered
841 Posts
4 years? Man, that isn't easy, whether it was you or your girl that ended it, know that there's bigger and better things ahead. I'm gonna let you in on a little secret to help you feel better and work harder: make her regret not being with you. What's the best way you can do that? Success. Be successful.
:thumbsup:Good advice

Sex can shitt on your stamina, and I think it's because it dehydrates you.
:laugh:Marathon sex or what??

·
Registered
841 Posts

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
841 Posts

It's been proven not to have any effect on performance or hormones, but I still firmly believe it does:laugh:, could just all be in our heads:dunno:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Solid post. You covered a lot of bases:thumbsup:

Great quote. I put that up on my Aim personal message :thumbsup: i normally put quotes that i like on it. Thanks for the advice and i plan on using it to my advantage.

Thanks. Hopefully i can find that in a store instead of buying it online

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Also, How long does potassium stay in your body? I need to know before i head out 4:15 i plan on getting some potassium in my body before sparring but have no clue how long it stays

·
Registered
104 Posts
Lol you little narcist having your own pic in your sig :p

Well, overtraining will decrease your stamina. So don't overtrain yourself.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Good advice

:laugh:Marathon sex or what??
:laugh: Nah man, I think it really does temporarily dehydrates you from my own experiences. I'll try to see if I can find something to back me up (if there is).
It's been proven not to have any effect on performance or hormones, but I still firmly believe it does, could just all be in our heads.
I sometimes feel light headed in workouts the next day, but I don't think it has that long term effect (2 months) that some boxers and trainers preach.
Great quote. I put that up on my Aim personal message :thumbsup: i normally put quotes that i like on it. Thanks for the advice and i plan on using it to my advantage.

Thanks. Hopefully i can find that in a store instead of buying it online
No problem:thumbsup:. You remember that right there and it'll motivate you to do more, not just in boxing, but in life.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Man, Im sitting here burnin reading all of this and I realize how much of a lazy **** I am, everyone here is in shape and trains and I work and go home and do some push ups and say I excercised lol. I think its probably the bud but I cant seem to get too motivated about it. I know.... stopping smoking is the solution huh?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts