Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what I have to do to get started in boxing. I dont know that much about boxing training so any advice would be great. I just need to know where to go and what I need to do to get in shape for boxing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Start out by going to a gym, and get hand wraps, but don't get a bunch of stuff until you know you will want to keep doing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bill1234 said:
Start out by going to a gym, and get hand wraps, but don't get a bunch of stuff until you know you will want to keep doing it.
Well going to the gym isnt my problem, it's trying to find a proper place to box. The gym I go to doesn't have any boxing equipment so ive been trying to find a boxing gym with decent rates. I have a punching bag at home so I will go and get some handwrap. I looked at some online and they have a bunch of sizes that I don't uderstand.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
79 Posts
Hopkinsfan said:
Well going to the gym isnt my problem, it's trying to find a proper place to box. The gym I go to doesn't have any boxing equipment so ive been trying to find a boxing gym with decent rates. I have a punching bag at home so I will go and get some handwrap. I looked at some online and they have a bunch of sizes that I don't uderstand.
Boxing gyms are pretty expensive today, i'd recommend that you go to a boxing gym for at least 2-3 months to try to learn the basics and thechnical aspects of boxing and then go back home and train at your home, buy yourself some decent boxing gloves and some other equipments, it's pretty easy to start a gym in your basement
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lefthook said:
Boxing gyms are pretty expensive today, i'd recommend that you go to a boxing gym for at least 2-3 months to try to learn the basics and thechnical aspects of boxing and then go back home and train at your home, buy yourself some decent boxing gloves and some other equipments, it's pretty easy to start a gym in your basement
alright thanks a lot.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top