Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to be able to punch faster so what can I do in my workout because I feel im doing too much power punching but i don't feel i'm going faster as i should be

·
Registered
841 Posts
This question has been asked numerous times, you can find the answers by looking at the other threads.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I want to be able to punch faster so what can I do in my workout because I feel im doing too much power punching but i don't feel i'm going faster as i should be
Make sure you're not outgrowing muscles you dont need to. too many muscles reduce your speed.

Try working on speed drills on heavybags and speed bag.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
problem is that all i have is a free-stand bag and i dont have any money yet to go to a gym...and so far i been starting with shadowboxing and sparring..but is there any other alternatives to improve my speed?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
problem is that all i have is a free-stand bag and i dont have any money yet to go to a gym...and so far i been starting with shadowboxing and sparring..but is there any other alternatives to improve my speed?
go to a bookstore and buy a boxing book. Lots of those books teach you good stuff..

The more you keep training on combinations, the btteer they flow, and somehow they can get faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts