Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if someone can examine my routine and give advise. I'm 5,11" 193lbs. I'm not in the greatest shape (fat on the stomach, skinny everywhere else) . I'm trying to increase my poor endurance, increase some muscle mass and lose some fat/tone down a bit.

I have been hitting the gym for a few yrs now (on and off due to injuries). I used to be around 140-150lb. My original target was 200lb with a good physique but it's not going to good right now. My original routine which i'm still doing is 4 days a week (day1 legs/calves, day 2 back/tris, day 3 chest/bis, day 4 shoulders, forearms). I used to do 5 mins cardio/treadmill before the gym. I've upped this to 15 mins each day now (5mths ago). I recently added a 5th day per week to do 15 min cardio/treadmill, intense ab workout for 40 mins, 1 hour treadmill cardio and 1/2-1hr of swimming laps.

I recently bought a bag and tractor trailor tire. This morning I started doing 15 mins of bag work and 15 mins of sledgehammer smashing on the tire. I always hit the gym at around 6-7 pm. I'm planning on doing the bag/tire work at 5:30AM about 3-4 days per week.

What do you all think about this routine? Too much? Too little? I eat farely a lot (every 2-3hrs) of healthy high in protein food. I think i'm a hard gainer in comparison to friends that are bigger than me and eat half as much and train half the amount I do.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Watch what you eat. You're keeping your a lot of meals a day. I suggest cutting down to possibly 5 small meals a day or 3 big meals a day. And you have to watch what you eat cause you're training intensly but getting nothing. May be a result of your food intake and what you eat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. My diet is pretty good right now, no junk. I actually have about 2-3 small meals and 2 big meals a day plus the Protein shake after my gym workout.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts