Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, when I think about boxing, usually Frazier dropping Ali in their first fight replays through my mind first.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Tyson knocking out spinks, RJ rapping before his fight with clinton woods. Pacquiao beating the three great mexican fighters of this era.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Larry Merchant taking 30 seconds to say 12 words. Bet you better listen all 30 seconds cause that guy knows his stuff.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I always think of Riddick Bowe's face when he saw Lennox Lewis and the little girl in the yellow chicken suit with Chicken Bowe on it at ringside
He practically ran away ROFL

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hasim Rahman knocking Lennox Lewis out. That was great.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hasim Rahman knocking Lennox Lewis out. That was great.
That wasnt half as good as Lennox demolishing Rahman in the return
Rahman flat on his back out cold his head fitting in the King crown on the mat perfectly. Lennox beat every man he ever faced in the pro ring how many others can say that when they didnt duck anyone

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I think of the excitement of fight night, you can't beat a great build up and the anticipation that comes with it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
i think of roy jones junior knocking griffin half way across the ring in the 2nd bout after he was disqualified in the first and stripped of his title.

or nigel benn going through the ropes in his fight with mccellan.

or joe calzaghe in the corner of the 2nd round of his fight with lacy, saying he can't punch for shiit!

G

·
Holyfield-Lewis I

To stay up to 5-6am as a school kid to see one of your heroes get robbed wasn't a good feeling. Something that will always be stuck in my mind.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Holyfield-Lewis I

To stay up to 5-6am as a school kid to see one of your heroes get robbed wasn't a good feeling. Something that will always be stuck in my mind.
i know exactly how you feel, but i used to love getting up at 4-5 o'clock in the mornings with my old man and watch the fights together, he'd be throwing every punch and i'd be cheering the house down! i don't think my mum liked it too much, but what can she do against 2 raging boxing fans?

oh the good old days :laugh:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Holyfield-Lewis I

How do you think I felt when I realized Hopkins-Calzaghe was a split decision. For a minute I feared the worst. Mayweather-Hatton was a bad 5am experience as well :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
772 Posts
yeah the hatton - mayweather was a bad 5am experienced but i sort of saw it coming, whereas when lennox got KO'd against rahman the first time, i was still young and nearly in tears! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
i am with vd on that i think of too many things. i mean if i had to tell an alien about boxing, i could not really give one example.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts