Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

What first pops into your head when you think about boxing?

4K views 71 replies 21 participants last post by  SugarShane 
i think of roy jones junior knocking griffin half way across the ring in the 2nd bout after he was disqualified in the first and stripped of his title.

or nigel benn going through the ropes in his fight with mccellan.

or joe calzaghe in the corner of the 2nd round of his fight with lacy, saying he can't punch for shiit!

Holyfield-Lewis I

To stay up to 5-6am as a school kid to see one of your heroes get robbed wasn't a good feeling. Something that will always be stuck in my mind.
i know exactly how you feel, but i used to love getting up at 4-5 o'clock in the mornings with my old man and watch the fights together, he'd be throwing every punch and i'd be cheering the house down! i don't think my mum liked it too much, but what can she do against 2 raging boxing fans?

oh the good old days :laugh:

yeah the hatton - mayweather was a bad 5am experienced but i sort of saw it coming, whereas when lennox got KO'd against rahman the first time, i was still young and nearly in tears! :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.