Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as amateur boxing coach i hope that at the world championship in chicago the american team will be victorious.
personally i hate the russion style of boxing but i can not understand why the russion and the cubans always get the most of the gold medals.
why ????:mad:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Because a lot of times there is a cuban or russian ref or is completly biased or payed off to favor the person from Cuba or Russia. Or there are just completely stupid decisions or DQ's like when Holyfield got DQ'd when he was in the olypics, or when Holmes was DQ'd. Both were against russians.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think that is half the answer only.
look at the russion revolusion at the pro boxing at the heavy weights. i want to believe that the american boxing will recuparate and will create real champs like ali frazier holyfield etc.
today unfortunately i don't like what i see.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
America is ruling the lighter divisions, and notice who is behind the Russians success, American trainers such as Emanuel Steward. Guys like Wladimir Klitschko were crap before he got a hold of them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am waiting to big american talents

i hope that in chicago at world championship america will be able to take the lead and beat the russion team.
every time when i am watching the boxing tournament i am getting upset again. i hate the russion style of amateur boxing but may be they have the optimal formula to win the amateur bouts ???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
boxing coach said:
i hope that in chicago at world championship america will be able to take the lead and beat the russion team.
every time when i am watching the boxing tournament i am getting upset again. i hate the russion style of amateur boxing but may be they have the optimal formula to win the amateur bouts ???

Yes they do. Its called fixes and robberies and bribes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and what AIBA is doing about this

you are say hard words - does AIBA is totaly coroppted ???
i hope not.
any way the cuban are better boxers then the russions and i think that they have a nice style.
however i think that you can not bribe and cheat every body all the time no ???
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
spiderbloke said:
Sounds like someones jealous that america can't compete with their skill. :rolleyes:
You mean the robots? Nope. Sounds like someones mad their not the leading boxing country.:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
bill1234 said:
You mean the robots? Nope. Sounds like someones mad their not the leading boxing country.:rolleyes:
Considering the state of Florida is bigger than the whole of the UK, its not really surprising is it:rolleyes:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
LOL, but you'll notice some of the top boxing states are about the sames size of the UK, like Pennsylvania, New York, and Nevada. But anyway, back to topic, IMO if everything was fair, the US would be rated higher in the heavyweights in the olympics. Ive noticed that Europe, Russia, and Cuba seem to have their share of controversial decisions and calls. Not that the US doesn't, but a lot of that kind of stuff happens in Russia, Cuba, and some European countries like Denmark.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
boxing coach said:
and what happend in the past ?
why 30 years ago things was deferent ?
about 40 years ago is when it started getting corrupt, before then, it was all good, and fair, and clean.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wrong answer !!
the problem to my opinion is that today to preapare an olympic champion it last 6-8 years of training. an american guy want at 20-21 years of age to be an experience pro boxer !
if he start to practice boxing at 14 years of age he don't want to wait and start pro box carier early.
the russion/kaz/ukr/azr boxers start to practice box at 9 years of age. start to go to international school boy championship at 12-13 years old. at 15-16 years of age they start to train daily and at 17 years old 3 trainings sessions per day.
they create amateur boxing machins.
yes , there is sometimes coroption but the reality is that azr/rus/kaz/cuba today dominate the amateur boxing world.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
boxing coach said:
wrong answer !!
the problem to my opinion is that today to preapare an olympic champion it last 6-8 years of training. an american guy want at 20-21 years of age to be an experience pro boxer !
if he start to practice boxing at 14 years of age he don't want to wait and start pro box carier early.
the russion/kaz/ukr/azr boxers start to practice box at 9 years of age. start to go to international school boy championship at 12-13 years old. at 15-16 years of age they start to train daily and at 17 years old 3 trainings sessions per day.
they create amateur boxing machins.
yes , there is sometimes coroption but the reality is that azr/rus/kaz/cuba today dominate the amateur boxing world.
There is no specific age people start boxing at though. I know people who started when they were 6, and I know others who started when they were 16. I started when I was 11. In reality it is that the whole boxing world is corrupt, but the amerature world is worse. Ive seen many bad decisions in the olympics and ameratures.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
theboz19 said:
Americans should just knock everybody out and then it wouldn't matter if the fight was fixed.
:laugh: Good thought, but they might rule it a slip or foul.;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Your only using their best. What about all of the American olympic champions, or should have beens. No, its not on accident, some times its set up.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top