Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi. This is my first post on this forum. What is the best boxing gym on long island, new york? I've trained at gleasons before, but i dont feel like driving all the way to brooklyn, and the parking is expensive. Where is the best place on long island to train? Freeport PAL? Eddie Haffer? I need to know. Thanks.

·
Registered
349 Posts
boxinggyms.com - Boxing Gyms and Clubs

Check that out .. I am from LI also .. bout to start training soon . havent ever gone to a GYM like that but I go to a regualr gym and hit the bags.. I am trying to find a good place but if you know of one definatly let me know I am interested .. I am in Nassau by the way

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i used metroboxing.org, and i called freeport PAL and Glen Cove Boxing Club, it seems like Glen Cove is more expensive, but more full-service than Freeport PAL, although i have heard great things about Freeport PAL in terms of how the boxers do in competition and how the training and instruction is. The Director of the gym was very honest and helpful to me. But I am going to visit Glen Cove today, because Freeport PAL is only open in the evenings and on saturdays, while Glen Cove is open practically all the time. And they have gym access with a lot of cool stuff and private training available. I'll keep you posted to see if it really is a good gym. Thank you for responding.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey Sugar Have you ever been to that gym before? or you have heard of it .. I also have heard of it I used to work down the block from it soo Maybe I will go check it out.. Couple of others on the island that seem pretty decent too..

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Go wherever you'll get the best training and instruction. Sometimes a PAL organization is far better than the "real gym" in a particular area. All depends on willing, knowledgable, and supportive trainers and stables.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks Capt ! .. lol I didnt know you live in NY ! :) First I will train in my basement till I can get a little stamina for boxing then I am going to hit up a BOXING gym...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice Sugar Shane .. Do you have a Phone # or something for me ? Website maybe ? I go to the gym 4 times a week and I just started hitting a heavy bag and speed bag .. getting a little minor training before I go to any Boxing gym.. let me know on a # or website ..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Trinity I saw his Website it looks very nice from the site one of the better ones I have seen .. it is kinda close to me also Maybe I will shoot down there and see what they have to offer.. Thanks for the insight

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks Sugar .. I got the # it was on that other boxing site I am going to check out That one in Huntington as well Eddie Heuffers, both seem pretty nice.. Maybe I will bump into you shane :) haha thanks bro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i've been away from boxing for a while. which is cheaper, eddie haefer or Huntington? I'm looking for a lot of personal attention, but I can't spend too much. Which of the two would be better for me?:dunno:

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh if you want personal attention academy of boxing is the way to go, I seriously dont think you can get better training on LI, and im being compleatly serious, its a fantastic place, just dont get thrown by its size, thats what turns most people off haha.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Nice nice .. I still havent Joined a BOXING gym .. I go to a regualar gym 4-5 times per week usually .. but I am going to get too one of them .. I will check probably 3 out total .. and once I am ready to go I will pick the right one .. sometime after softball season is over I will do it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i am going to see if the huntington academy of boxing is good for me

right now i am training at a martial arts dojo to get into shape. we do kickboxing and grappling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have finally decided to return to Gleasons in Brooklyn. There is no substitute for the most famous gym in the world.

I am still doing martial arts though, as part of my conditioning for the boxing.:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I been training with a great group of guys down at The Heavy Hitters Boxing Gym, for some reason they have alot of trainers with alot of experience down there. Jerry Capobianco, Ralphie Delgado, Bill G, Jason Morales, Mike Vargas, Ray Berke, and the owner is a 2 Time Golden Glove Champion Kristian Vasquez also a great guy he goes out of his way to make sure everybody down there feels like family. If your looking for some great training and a team behind you then Heavy Hitters Boxing Gym is most likely your best bet. There address is listed on there website. HOME OF WORLD CHAMPIONS AND TRAINERS tell them Bob sent you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts