Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

What is the infighting all about?

• Strength only

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Depends on the fighters altho i would most of the time skills and strenght should win that battle but thats not the case in all fights.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
In my opinion, inside fighting is all about skill. Strength helps, but a weaker fighter can easily out-hustle a stronger fighter if he shifts his angles and picks his punches carefully. Defense has a major roll in this as well. Catching body punches with elbows, rolling the hooks, ect.

Anyone that votes strength is a little bit naive. I honestly think there should have been more specific choices to this poll. That or the poll question should have been worded differently. Other than that, good topic! :cool:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my opinion, inside fighting is all about skill. Strength helps, but a weaker fighter can easily out-hustle a stronger fighter if he shifts his angles and picks his punches carefully. Defense has a major roll in this as well. Catching body punches with elbows, rolling the hooks, ect.

Anyone that votes strength is a little bit naive. I honestly think there should have been more specific choices to this poll. That or the poll question should have been worded differently. Other than that, good topic! :cool:
I see what you mean but this is by no mean an in-depth analysis about the skills needed to fight at close range (timing, accuracy, balance, courage...).
This thread was made only because TommyGunn stated the infighting is "all about strength". He wanted me to make a poll and he might be regretting it now.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
In some cases believe it or not strenght is enough but in most cases its not.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It is and will never be all about strenght or all about skill. If you have all the strength in the world, but have the skillset of someone like Andy Lee it won't matter at all. On the flip side if you have the skills of Floyd but the wind blows you down you're done. It is a combination of both skills and strength as well as many other things. Why was this thread started Balistik?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Mayweather was stronger than Hatton, everyone agree?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Strength can be measured in many ways. I'd bet Hatton can lift more weight, but I'd say Floyd is stronger in the ring because he knows what he's doing.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I read somewhere that Shane Mosley could press more weights than Joe Frazier. But I'd never rule mosleys stronger than Joe Frazier.
Also Roy Jones was crazy with the weights and even so I dont think he was the stronger man in the ring against Ruiz.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Strength can be measured in many ways. I'd bet Hatton can lift more weight, but I'd say Floyd is stronger in the ring because he knows what he's doing.
Mayweather is stronger than Hatton.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is and will never be all about strenght or all about skill. If you have all the strength in the world, but have the skillset of someone like Andy Lee it won't matter at all. On the flip side if you have the skills of Floyd but the wind blows you down you're done. It is a combination of both skills and strength as well as many other things. Why was this thread started Balistik?
This thread was started because some people here believe it's all about strength. They still haven't voted yet though...I wonder why?:dunno:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
This thread was started because some people here believe it's all about strength. They still haven't voted yet though...I wonder why?:dunno:
Floyd is stronger than Hatton, thasts what we were debating.

Retarded thread.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mayweather is stronger than Hatton.
Billy Graham interview at BritishBoxing.net

[...]Graham had worried about Collazo, he felt a mixture of style and stance would make this a really tough fight against a big welterweight. All the while he felt that Floyd himself was a lightweight punching above his weight and that Hatton would be the stronger man at welter.

BG: “I'm not scared of Floyd at welterweight because genetically he's not bigger than Ricky. Ricky is a pure junior-welterweight and we are not giving Floyd a big advantage.”

So this, as it was with Collazo, is a one-fight gambit at the higher weight.

BG: “I'm not interested in seeing Ricky move through the weights – he's a short guy – why should you have to move through all the weights to become an all-time great? Floyd at welter is no problem at all. My guy is going to be stronger than him so we've no fear of him there[...]

Here : BBN Exclusive: Billy Graham on Hatton versus Mayweather

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The fight proved Graham wrong, pbf is stronger.

Your making yourself look like an idiot.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Billy Graham's oppinion isnt exactly any worth on that matter. And afterall Ricky's superior strenght like he said wasnt apparent on the fightnight as he was manhandled and ouworked in the inside. The fact that Floyd moved up quite a time ago doesnt make him any weaker (manny pacquiao started at 106 pounds and even so he was regarded as the stronger man against Marquez), he has the height and the body size of a welterweight, he is a welterweight packed with good muscles, and more importantly he seemed stronger to me than Hatton did.

But yes I remember Tommy stating that infighting was all about strenght, even though I think he doesnt believe that either

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Billy Graham's oppinion isnt exactly any worth on that matter. And afterall Ricky's superior strenght like he said wasnt apparent on the fightnight as he was manhandled and ouworked in the inside. The fact that Floyd moved up quite a time ago doesnt make him any weaker (manny pacquiao started at 106 pounds and even so he was regarded as the stronger man against Marquez), he has the height and the body size of a welterweight, he is a welterweight packed with good muscles, and more importantly he seemed stronger to me than Hatton did.

But yes I remember Tommy stating that infighting was all about strenght, even though I think he doesnt believe that either
Of course not, it is one of the major advantages though. This was a big reason pbf was able to put a hurting on Hatton in the inside, his superior strengh made Hatton tire in the fight.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts