5. Jermain Taylor
6. Joe Calzaghe
7. Chad Dawson
8. Shane Mosley
9. Ricky Hatton
10. Juan Manuel Marquez
Just my 2 cents here my man:
Dawson a good prospect, but not beating anyone good enough to be top 10 P4P
Cotto is a bit high, i would have Taylor and Calzaghe both over him. Judah is a good win, but hes no elite fighter anymore.
No Winky or B-Hop? There getting old but IMO still top 10 P4P.

Here's mine anyway:

1. Floyd Mayweather- Hes got my #1 unless Pac beats JMM in a rematch.
2. Manny Pacquaio- Exciting but needs a win over JMM to be #1 now.
3. Winky Wright- Still real tough to beat.
4. Rafael Marquez- Underrated, his weight class doesnt get much coverage:(
5. Bernard Hopkins- Still holding top 5 for me.
6. Joe Calzaghe- The man at SMW for 10 years.
7. Jermain Taylor- Still there from performances against Hop and Winky.
8. Miguel Cotto- He'll be top 5 if he beats another good fighter.
9. Ricky Hatton- Has something to prove after 2 bad performances.
10. Juan Manuel Marquez- Outside of an aging MAB doesnt have many top fighters on his resume.
11. Ivan Calderon- Very underrated.

I wanted 11 so i could give Calderon his dues for being a top P4P fighter in a division that doesnt get much coverage.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bhop doesnt make to it my list because he has lost 2 of his last 3, and he beat a non p4p fighter in tarver. i decided to leave winky out because i dont see him as anything p4p besides his good defnese. His power isnt p4p , his skills arent p4p, he can only fight at higher weights, and that still is yet to be proven effective. he beat quartey, ( way past prime ) he drew with taylor ( give him his props ) but to me, nothing about winky deserves to be on this list. just my oppinion though. I think since cotto has knocked out the last 18 of his last 20 opponents prove he is a p4p fighter, plus hes the wba champion and still undefeated he just beat an elite fighter ( zab ) who had all the qulitys of a p4p fighter. fastest guy at welterweight, 2nd hardest one punch puncher at that weight and proved he had a better chin than we all thought. Cotto edges past taylor because taylor has yet to impress in awhile, although he does keep winning, cotto has looked more impressive.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
tysonjones said:
bhop doesnt make to it my list because he has lost 2 of his last 3, and he beat a non p4p fighter in tarver. i decided to leave winky out because i dont see him as anything p4p besides his good defnese. His power isnt p4p , his skills arent p4p, he can only fight at higher weights, and that still is yet to be proven effective. he beat quartey, ( way past prime ) he drew with taylor ( give him his props ) but to me, nothing about winky deserves to be on this list. just my oppinion though. I think since cotto has knocked out the last 18 of his last 20 opponents prove he is a p4p fighter, plus hes the wba champion and still undefeated he just beat an elite fighter ( zab ) who had all the qulitys of a p4p fighter. fastest guy at welterweight, 2nd hardest one punch puncher at that weight and proved he had a better chin than we all thought. Cotto edges past taylor because taylor has yet to impress in awhile, although he does keep winning, cotto has looked more impressive.
Fair points. Like you said though, Cotto beat a POTENTIAL p4p fighter in Zab. Zab is amazingly talented and all, but he had lost his 2 fights before the Cotto fight. Cotto deserves alot of credit cause from what i heard Zab was pretty good and Cotto was dominant. Hell, il keep him where he is.. maybe il change when i see the fight:cheeky4:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its all good man, i cant argue with you to much, you know your stuff man, plus your just a good honest guy. But wait to make your judgements until you watch the fight. Zab had all the ability to be p4p number 1 some day but he feel part halfway through his career, i dont htink he could ever get past the kosta lost. It was an excellent fight butcotto just became more and more dominant, now back to p4p list, im intersetd to see hwo people have them set up.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Just my 2 cents here my man:
Dawson a good prospect, but not beating anyone good enough to be top 10 P4P
Cotto is a bit high, i would have Taylor and Calzaghe both over him. Judah is a good win, but hes no elite fighter anymore.
No Winky or B-Hop? There getting old but IMO still top 10 P4P.

Here's mine anyway:

1. Floyd Mayweather- Hes got my #1 unless Pac beats JMM in a rematch.
2. Manny Pacquaio- Exciting but needs a win over JMM to be #1 now.
3. Winky Wright- Still real tough to beat.
4. Rafael Marquez- Underrated, his weight class doesnt get much coverage:(
5. Bernard Hopkins- Still holding top 5 for me.
6. Joe Calzaghe- The man at SMW for 10 years.
7. Jermain Taylor- Still there from performances against Hop and Winky.
8. Miguel Cotto- He'll be top 5 if he beats another good fighter.
9. Ricky Hatton- Has something to prove after 2 bad performances.
10. Juan Manuel Marquez- Outside of an aging MAB doesnt have many top fighters on his resume.
11. Ivan Calderon- Very underrated.

I wanted 11 so i could give Calderon his dues for being a top P4P fighter in a division that doesnt get much coverage.
I trust you forgot Shane Mosley. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Here it is... as of 6/14/2007...

1.) Floyd Mayweather Jr. - Welterweight/Jr. Middleweight

2.) Rafael Marquez - Jr. Featherweight

3.) Manny Pacquiao - Jr. Lightweight

4.) Juan Manuel Marquez - Jr. Lightweight

5.) Winky Wright - Middleweight

6.) Miguel Cotto - Welterweight

7.) Shane Mosley - Welterweight

8.) Marco Antonio Barerra - Jr. Lightweight

9.) Joe Calzaghe - Super Middleweight

10.) Jermain Taylor/Bernard Hopkins

Close calls go to...
Ricky Hatton
Juan Diaz

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I trust you forgot Shane Mosley. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.
I dunno man. It was a quick toss-up between Hatton, JMM, Calderon and Mosley for the 9th and 10th spots. Mosley is probably my favourite US fighter, but lately he hasnt been fighting true P4P guys so has just slipped out on mine. I dunno man, so many fighters and only 10 places:laugh:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
1. Pacman
2. Winky
3. Floyd
4. Hopkins
5. R. Marquez
6. Calzaghe
7. J. Marquez
8. Hatton
9. Mosley
10 Cotto

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Obviously Rafael Marquez is under appreciated.

I'm sure most of you disagree with my placing of MAB, but he is still top ten P4P in my book by a long shot.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
even when mab got knocked out by pac he was still regarding one of the best p4p so it makes since shane. rafael marquez is unknown because he is yet to even be aired on hbo i believe but he is a great fighter. hasnt lost in 7 years, lost his first professional fight, went on a string of victories before he lost 2 pretty close together and then you got him now, hes on a streak. i think if he can sustain this for 3 more years and go on a 10 yaer rain of beign undefeated he will be marking his territory in some history books. What do you think about him fight vic darchiniyan? i think its a great fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol just make one, i made my in 10 seconds, its not hard if you follow the sport, and yeah i would think marquez would kill darchiniyan just on boxing skill alone.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Rafa Marquez is a hell of a fighter. I saw him and i was like "WTF!! How does this guy not get more coverage?!?!?":laugh: I love seeing everyones P4P list, everybodys is different and it always makes a good discussion point.

Il try and spark some discussion.. with a few scenarios here:
Calzaghe beats Kessler convincingly.
Hatton is back to his very best against Castillo.
J. Marquez beats Pacman

Where would Hatton, Calzaghe and JMM be on your list with that?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if marquez beats pac, he moves up in front of pac but isnt number 2 like pac was. if calzaghe beats kesler, he may move up 1 spot, if hatton wins, he finally makes it into the top 10.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts