Just my 2 cents here my man:tysonjones said:Mine is as follows:
1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Manny Pacquaio
3. Rafael Marquez
4. Miguel Cotto
5. Jermain Taylor
6. Joe Calzaghe
7. Chad Dawson
8. Shane Mosley
9. Ricky Hatton
10. Juan Manuel Marquez
Fair points. Like you said though, Cotto beat a POTENTIAL p4p fighter in Zab. Zab is amazingly talented and all, but he had lost his 2 fights before the Cotto fight. Cotto deserves alot of credit cause from what i heard Zab was pretty good and Cotto was dominant. Hell, il keep him where he is.. maybe il change when i see the fight:cheeky4:tysonjones said:bhop doesnt make to it my list because he has lost 2 of his last 3, and he beat a non p4p fighter in tarver. i decided to leave winky out because i dont see him as anything p4p besides his good defnese. His power isnt p4p , his skills arent p4p, he can only fight at higher weights, and that still is yet to be proven effective. he beat quartey, ( way past prime ) he drew with taylor ( give him his props ) but to me, nothing about winky deserves to be on this list. just my oppinion though. I think since cotto has knocked out the last 18 of his last 20 opponents prove he is a p4p fighter, plus hes the wba champion and still undefeated he just beat an elite fighter ( zab ) who had all the qulitys of a p4p fighter. fastest guy at welterweight, 2nd hardest one punch puncher at that weight and proved he had a better chin than we all thought. Cotto edges past taylor because taylor has yet to impress in awhile, although he does keep winning, cotto has looked more impressive.
I trust you forgot Shane Mosley. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.LeedsLad said:Just my 2 cents here my man:
Dawson a good prospect, but not beating anyone good enough to be top 10 P4P
Cotto is a bit high, i would have Taylor and Calzaghe both over him. Judah is a good win, but hes no elite fighter anymore.
No Winky or B-Hop? There getting old but IMO still top 10 P4P.
Here's mine anyway:
1. Floyd Mayweather- Hes got my #1 unless Pac beats JMM in a rematch.
2. Manny Pacquaio- Exciting but needs a win over JMM to be #1 now.
3. Winky Wright- Still real tough to beat.
4. Rafael Marquez- Underrated, his weight class doesnt get much coverage
5. Bernard Hopkins- Still holding top 5 for me.
6. Joe Calzaghe- The man at SMW for 10 years.
7. Jermain Taylor- Still there from performances against Hop and Winky.
8. Miguel Cotto- He'll be top 5 if he beats another good fighter.
9. Ricky Hatton- Has something to prove after 2 bad performances.
10. Juan Manuel Marquez- Outside of an aging MAB doesnt have many top fighters on his resume.
11. Ivan Calderon- Very underrated.
I wanted 11 so i could give Calderon his dues for being a top P4P fighter in a division that doesnt get much coverage.
I dunno man. It was a quick toss-up between Hatton, JMM, Calderon and Mosley for the 9th and 10th spots. Mosley is probably my favourite US fighter, but lately he hasnt been fighting true P4P guys so has just slipped out on mine. I dunno man, so many fighters and only 10 places:laugh:PrettyBoyFloyd said:I trust you forgot Shane Mosley. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt.