Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He had a tremendous left hook and right uppercut that completely floored people off the face of the earth. I don't know why many people class him as a bum. He was a two time heavyweight champion. He beat George Foreman. Sure, at 44, but Michael Moorer got knocked out by Foreman at 45 and Moorer beat Holyfield. Morrison obviously had some natural problems with his chin, but in his prime, he was world class material. I'm talking about before he fought Ray Mercer.

BTW, Morrison was winning all the rounds before Mercer landed one good shot at his chin.

·
Banned
589 Posts
He had a tremendous left hook and right uppercut that completely floored people off the face of the earth. I don't know why many people class him as a bum. He was a two time heavyweight champion. He beat George Foreman. Sure, at 44, but Michael Moorer got knocked out by Foreman at 45 and Moorer beat Holyfield. Morrison obviously had some natural problems with his chin, but in his prime, he was world class material. I'm talking about before he fought Ray Mercer.

BTW, Morrison was winning all the rounds before Mercer landed one good shot at his chin.
He Also Had A High Steriod In-take, Thats Why We Call Him A Bum.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Morrison was a good heavyweight fighter, no bum. He had respectable power in that hook, good speed, ok skills and a suspect chin. Tommy the "Duke" Morrison was one of the names of the good 90's HW generation.
If he were in his prime today he would be a big threat to anyone.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
He had a wicked left hook. A weak chin and had a weak mentality. He had a great fight with george foreman. What do I think of morrison now? He's old.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yer but have you seen the size of him these days. I think he's going to try his hand at MMA now. I thought he was a good boxer with power. Its just sometimes your born with a glass chin.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
What is my opinion of Morrison?

Ok fighter, poor actor. :laugh:

·
Registered
130 Posts
What is my opinion of Morrison?

Ok fighter, poor actor. :laugh:
I know, he recked the Rocky series for me. Its a good job a 6th one came out. I've got the box set but ive never watch Rocky V on it :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I know, he recked the Rocky series for me. Its a good job a 6th one came out. I've got the box set but ive never watch Rocky V on it :laugh:
You know what got me about the Rocky movies? in the first 2 he was a plain dumbass, in 3 and 4 he had brains though, in 5 and 6 he went back to being a dumbass.

Whats up with that? :laugh:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Well lets be honest, he never really had any brains anyway!

Can anyone remember what Rocky's dog was called??

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I hate boxing movies. Not becuase of the story line, but because of the action. It's too fake looking for me. I was never a fan of the Rocky Series to be completly honest. The 6th one was alright though. The boxing action looked somewhat real, but having Tarver helped.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Morrison is just out collecting nails to hammer his own coffin shut, the man looks like a corpse of his former self. he squandered his winnings and wasted his life on drugs and prostitutes.
They should do a Celebrity Rehab with him and Mike in it, he doesn't have a prayer in the HW division now a days, and I think that he does have Aids despite of the claims that he doesn't.....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts