Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, a lot of it has to do with what the person is like out of the ring. If they are going to be arrogant, ignorant, and pretty much just a prick, then I'm not going to like them. It also depends on if they are a show boat, loud mouth etc. Ive never liked loud mouths which is why I don't like Ali or Leonard. If you are a dirty fighter, you can almost count on it that I won't like you. BUT you can change that by being a good person out of the ring.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
as long as the fighters entertaining i dont care if there loud mouths, showboats etc...

i really like both vargas and mayorga who are about to square off and both those guys are loud mouths and a bit wayward away from the ring, floyd mayweather is the most talented boxer on earth at the moment but his stlye just doesn't do it for me.

hector comacho is another fighter i couldn't take to because of his style.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I like exciting fighters, nice guys outside of the ring like you said. I like some cocky/arrogant fighters but some can get away with it better than others, ie Naseem Hamed:laugh:

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
My big favourites tend to be the good guys. Fighters I admire out of the ring aswell as in the ring. Id pick an Oscar or a Shane over a Floyd or Zab every day of the week. Fighters like Tyson, Vargas, Mayorga tho are entertaining and amuse me beacause they stick to their word. If they say they are going to hurt someone or KO a fighter they will or adleast lose trying to do so. The Floyd's and Zab's sell the fights with their mouths but dont quite bring to the ring what they promise over and over.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dude Tyson!? I hope he doesn't do what he says. He once said to someone at a press confrence "I'm going to bend you over and F you in front of everyone ******"
"I'm going to eat his children"
"I'm going to F you till you love me"
To a female reporter "I don't do interviews with women unless they fornicate with me. So unless you are going to you know, you better get lost"

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Reed422 said:
Dude Tyson!? I hope he doesn't do what he says. He once said to someone at a press confrence "I'm going to bend you over and F you in front of everyone ******"
To a female reporter "I don't do interviews with women unless they fornicate with me. So unless you are going to you know, you better get lost"
Obviously I mean in the ring. The man his nuts but he didn’t quite go as far as having Lennox Lewis kids on a plate to eat.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
johnny nelson is another i couldn't stand to watch. his comentating is nearly just as bad to.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I think Johnny Nelson's retirement came at the right time for him. Enzo was hungry for him until injury ended his career.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reed422 said:

He literally tried to eat Lennox Lewis at a pre fight press conference. He bit his leg, then got punched in the face.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts