Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's a question.. what potential fight (if any) do you think has the potential to break box office records or be up there as one of the richest bouts? It can include boxers who are retired, but could still compete in the ring.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pacman-DLH would be huge IMO. Not sure on Cotto-PBF, don't think Cotto is as big a name as could be. He needs win over Margarito and then a fight with somebody like DLH to catapult his star status. Hopkins-RJJ could do pretty good numbers if they both win there respective fights (anythings possible in boxing :p). Hopkins has still taken in some pretty decent PPV numbers (525k with Trinidad, 1 million with DLH, 350k with Winky)

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Mike Tyson x Evander Holyfield III.

You can say whatever you want, I dont like it, but everybody would pay to see that freak show.

PBF - Cotto has the potential to break the 1 million barrier, but I dont think it would reach 2.5 mil

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Definitely Oscar and Ricky if Hatton beats Malignaggi in solid fashion.

De La Hoya/Trinidad II is another pretty easy sell.

Two undefeated white guys in Pavlik and Calzaghe (if he gets past Roy Jones unscathed) are sure to draw some interest from the general, non-boxing public.

G

·
Calzaghe couldnt draw a picture.

Someone has already said it, but hands down the biggest potential draw in boxing is Tyson V Evander 3.as crazy as it sounds, but EVERYONE would pay to watch this crazy shite.. Tyson V RJJ or Tyson V Lewis.

If you want to talk about box office draws, its not being done without Tyson, until a new Tyson comes along.Fukking hell, i miss Tyson

·
Registered
472 Posts
tyson holyfield...everyone in the world would watch it...they could promote it with comercials of holyfield getting his ear bit off...you know everyone would pay to see that. Tyson has a huge fallowing in china too

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Calzaghe couldnt draw a picture.

Someone has already said it, but hands down the biggest potential draw in boxing is Tyson V Evander 3.as crazy as it sounds, but EVERYONE would pay to watch this crazy shite.. Tyson V RJJ or Tyson V Lewis.

If you want to talk about box office draws, its not being done without Tyson, until a new Tyson comes along. Fukking hell, i miss Tyson
Really, I couldn't have guessed :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Let's not get carried away.
Definitely the best thing to happen post-Ali just as Ali was after Joe Louis. He was just what the sport needed. Most people loved Tyson because he was dominant and exciting. Many of those same people hated Tyson and got bored with him because he was so dominant. Some people felt sorry for him after he was released from prison and were thankful to have him back. Other people were disgusted by his antics in and out of the ring and wanted him to go away or get put away. All of those people still watched through all of that. They couldn't help but watch, because Tyson truly was must see TV. Definitely one of the best things to ever happen to the sport. Some would argue he was a detriment to the sport with all of the baggage and bad press he brought, but the bad publicity was publicity none the less, and people were talking about boxing in large part because of Iron Mike. It stayed in the national conscience until he was gone.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Right now its either DLH vs Hatton or DLH vs Pacman

Of all time its Ali vs Tyson.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts