Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im about 5'11" 175 short reach ive been focusing on bulking the last year but keeping up with my cardio(used to be 240 2-3 years ago) but i now im really starting to focus on my technique now that my coach tells me ill prob have a fight within the next year i have a lot of power so i work on the inside a lot but now im not sure if i should focusing on my defense try working in some evasive movement while im in the ring or if i should just be bullying move in on my guy? FYI my trainer says ill prob 155-60 fighting weight

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
You should be about 155-160 fighting weight due to your height. You should work on everything man. Evasive meneuvers, defense and anything you can possibly think about. Don't always think about power cause a guy with speed will bust that ass

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be the voice of opposition. I'm 5'11'' and my training weight was 185-190. My coach want me down at 165 but it took a toll on me.it looks like you might have the same problem if you already came down from 240. 150 is too light if you are big boned.Bulling in on your opponent is not a smart move, you should focus on slipping and your footwork. work off your jab so you don't walk into a counter or a well timed shot. then you can work on the inside focusing on attacks to the body.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the advice though just to take into consideration i was 240 of pure fat back in the day it was basically weed liquor and food 24/7 for me i know some of us have been their so its not like a was 240 of muscle but yea i got my **** together
actually i kinda of have to update this thread im 165 now a little leaner. I lost some bulky mass around 9 percent bodyfat so i think i still have a little farther to go

·
Registered
35 Posts
glad to hear you're getting on the right track. 165 is good at 9% body fat is great. If I were you that's where I would stay. The great Bob Foster walk around weight and fight weight were the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts