Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm Emoore and I started boxing all of a week ago. :) I found a good local gym and I'm working with a trainer for an hour and a half to two hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings. He's been having me work through Shadowboxing, hitting the heavy bag, the speed bag, and the double-ended bag, hitting the mitts, and some plyomentrics.

What should I do on the days I don't go? I'd like to lose 20-25 pounds, which I know has a lot to do with nutrition and I am working on my diet.

Should I do some body-weight exercises? Some running or jumping rope? Plyos? Underwater basket weaving? :laugh:

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
riding bike

If you area lends itself to it I suggest riding a bike. If you're trying to lose that weight running is great, but also hard on the knees (I'm seeing the doc today for mine). Bike riding is great unless you're having to ride around cars much. Also, some stretching on your off days is great. Can do it while watching tv. Sounds like you're off to a good start. I was in a similar boat 4 months ago. 15 pound off now and my wife say's I look "hot", and my buddies called me "chisled" the other day.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The area I'm in doesn't lend itself to running or cycling, but I do have a nice Spinning bike in the back room.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts