Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Hmm...interesting. Gotta give Ruddock a chance there simply because he hit so damn hard.

Yea, I was too young 2 see a "Live" Ruddock fight but from the fights I've seen he hit like a hammer, would be interesting to see how Holyfield would have done against him instead of Tyson fighting him a 2nd time.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Rematches don't count.

My pick is Foreman vs Holmes, so big that they got offers to make it happen after both of these men were 50 years old.
We can blame Big George for that. Larry started calling him out in early 1977 and is still calling him out to this day.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
This isn't about pointing fingers...it's about making a list of fights we wished to see.
Sorry, Holmes-Coetzee very nearly happened in June, 1984. It was going to be the largest payday for a fighter to date. Holmes was going to get $30 million.

Shavers-Cooney would have been huge in 1980.

Leonard-Pryor would have been major around 1982 as well.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Leonard vs. Pryor would have been amazing! Mancini vs. Pryor nearly happened, but never did. I want to see if Livingstone Bramble would be able to outbox Aaron Pryor. He was a really good counter puncher. It is just too bad that Aaron Pryor had to get caught up in drugs.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Leonard vs. Pryor would have been amazing! Mancini vs. Pryor nearly happened, but never did. I want to see if Livingstone Bramble would be able to outbox Aaron Pryor. He was a really good counter puncher. It is just too bad that Aaron Pryor had to get caught up in drugs.
Drugs are what saved him in the first Arguello fight.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Really? Didn't they give drug tests back then? Drugs messed him up though, and he quit a fight later on, saying that his eyes hurted lol.
The contents of the bottle have always been very controversial. With the cameras catching Panama Lewis saying "Give me the other bottle" and after drinking out of that Pryor had a huge new surge of energy.

·
Blood Clot Jungle Techno
403 Posts
The fights i would love to have seen...

Gerald Mccllelen v Roy Jones Junior (I know they fought in the amatures)(1994)

Mike Tyson v David Tua (1996)

Mike Tyson v Ike Ibeabuchi (1997)

Nigel Benn V Bernard Hopkins (1994)

Lloyd Honeygahn v Pernell Whittaker (1989)

Prince Naseem Hamed v Spencer Oliver (1997)

:):thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Rocky Marciano vs. Ingemar Johanssen. Marciano was planning a comeback to fight him but then Patterson beat Johanssen and Marciano said **** it.

Rocky Marciano vs. Muhammad Ali. That fight also was probably going to happen, but then the bastard died.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.