Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

What was the main reason Oscar lost?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
None of the other reasons would have made a difference IMO. Although would have been more competetive had he been in better condition, that wouldnt change the real reason he lost which is pac being the better fighter @ this point

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Pretty sure Pac is also better than Vitali Klitchko but does that mean he wins the fight?

Weight is the issue, Oscar tried to be the smaller guy to increase his speed and it completely bit him in the ass. But why did it bite him in the ass that bad? He's indeed over the hill. Toss up between shot / weight drained. Both contributed a lot, which was more I can't be sure.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
LOL you can be sure that the tards who voted shot and weight-drained were the ones who boycotted the fight or predicted DLH by KO. Haters, all of you! :cop:

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Pretty sure Pac is also better than Vitali Klitchko but does that mean he wins the fight?

Weight is the issue, Oscar tried to be the smaller guy to increase his speed and it completely bit him in the ass. But why did it bite him in the ass that bad? He's indeed over the hill. Toss up between shot / weight drained. Both contributed a lot, which was more I can't be sure.
I think he just wanted to prove a point. He just wanted to do what Hopkins did when they fought or what Hearns did in the Leonard fight.

There were a few times I thought the fix was in. When? When I saw Oscar taking a beating with his back on the ropes close to a corner (in the 6th and/or 7th) and he'd look like he was moving out of the corner and he'd just move back into it without Manny cutting off the ring or even being in range. That ish looked funny to me, but I give both of them the benefit of the doubt.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Pac was obviously the better fighter, weight drained or not Pac wouldave beat him but it was the weight imo that made it so lopsided.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
There was more than one reason why Oscar lost. He lost because pacquiao had a perfect gameplan and he is one incredible fighter, and Oscar is way past his best fighting at a weight class that he hadnt in yers.;

·
Fire of the Dragon
241 Posts
if you dont think he is shot. give me some names of top quality fighters that you think de la hoya could beat!

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if you dont think he is shot. give me some names of top quality fighters that you think de la hoya could beat!
IMO Oscar was already shot when he fought Forbes but he still beat him. In the Pac fight Oscar was going for the KO early instead of boxing and letting his hands go. He was looking for a homerun and didn't expect Pac to be that elusive. Then he didn't know what to do and got beat up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i think weight was the major factor but DLH is past it. I do think he could be competitive with older guys or non elite fighters at 154

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Pacman is the better fighter at the moment but that doesn't mean DLH isn't a little shot and weight drained. Pacman is and always will be too fast for DLH.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts