Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going heavyweight. I think Wlad will conquer all the fat guys and the rest of the Soviets this year

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
man I hope the heavy's finally unify. everyone's been saying they need to for over two years now. I think pavlik might unify the middleweight division and then move up by early next year. I believe he is planning on fighting abraham at the end of the year, am I forgetting another middleweight champ??

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I think the Lightweight division will finish getting unified this year. I see the winner of Diaz-Campbell fighting the winner of Casamayor-Katsidis before the year is over

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
man I hope the heavy's finally unify. everyone's been saying they need to for over two years now. I think pavlik might unify the middleweight division and then move up by early next year. I believe he is planning on fighting abraham at the end of the year, am I forgetting another middleweight champ??
Abraham-Sturm is nearly set in July. We'll see how that pans out as well as Pavlik-Taylor.
I think the Lightweight division will finish getting unified this year. I see the winner of Diaz-Campbell fighting the winner of Casamayor-Katsidis before the year is over
I could see that, but I have a feeling Katsidis opts for another fight other than Juan.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't think it will be the heavies because the WBC title has a lot of fights that will be coming. They already have a mando I beleive then you still have V.Klit that thinks he is getting a shot.

I would say it's between Cruiser if Haye stays and fights Cunningham or Enzo depending, and lightweight, surely Diaz v Diaz happens this year.

Lt. Heavies could do it but we all know Erdei will never fight anybody. But maybe somebody can get the big 3.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
If we can get all the division half way unified, then 2009 we can have a bang load of unification bouts, which can put boxing on a great 3 year run.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
None that we really care about will be unified this year. But HW would be set up the best to become unified.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Its realy sad just now we only have one undisputed champion (calzaghe) hopefuly this year we can have 3 or 4 more.

130, 160 and 190 all have a great chance to get the titles together because it will only take 2 fights in all these weights to get that done.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Im more interested in seeing the divisions have Undisputed Champs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am with you Rotten Apple ... Diaz or Katsidis will hold the belts by late this year . Hopefully the latter . Hasnt Diaz allready dodged Katsidis though ...

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Im more interested in seeing the divisions have Undisputed Champs.
What you mean by undisputed champ?
I'm jsut asking anybody what you have as undisputed
I mean, if IBF havent stripped Calzaghe he would be carrying all the 4 major belts.
In the other hand, divisions like lightweight have titlists that arent suppose to be considered champions like David Diaz who won a stripped belt from Casamayor, who lost to Armando Santa Cruz - who is the champion somehow in my eyes... Man this is getting cofusing.. Well what I mean is that undisputed champion is what Calzaghe is, or what Juan Diaz will be by beating Santa Cruz (recalling it: he unified with Freitas, then with Julio Diaz, leaving only one to go)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Juan Diaz has unified at 135lbs too Tommy.

He's not undisputed champion Tom, he holds straps, Casamayor is the #1 guy in that division there fore no undisputed champ. ;)

Calzaghe holds 3 major titles, the ring title and the other 1 of the 4 (butes IBF title) he had and relinquished.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts