Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
calling all experts/experienced.

for gloves i'm buying grants pro training.
which headgear do you recommend?
i don't want to do the trial and error thing to see which one is good.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I get along with most headgear so I can't really give you a preference although I have heard really good things about the rival headgear, might wanna look into that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use the rival high performance pro headger. Its my first ever so I cant really make any other comparison to other headgers, but I can tell you its great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ya you also wont have to bother readjusting the headgear even after getting hit. Just make sure you get the right size for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
American Standup makes awesome gear at affordable prices

calling all experts/experienced.

for gloves i'm buying grants pro training.
which headgear do you recommend?
i don't want to do the trial and error thing to see which one is good.
American Standup has an awesome training head gear and the price is right!

You can find them at American Stand Up - MMA Fight Gear, Clothing, Training & More

Our fight club uses lots of American Standup gear - they have the right price, and their customer service has the right attitude. Good stuff!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got Rival headgear and I love it. But it's my first proper headgear too and so I've got nothing to compare it to either. Quick questions for you guys - do you think that squashing your headgear in your bag bends it our of shape and ruins it. It's just with all my boots, clothes etc in my bag, by the time my headgear goes in I really have to squash it down to fit it in and I'm worries I'm gonna ruin it somehow.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I've got Rival headgear and I love it. But it's my first proper headgear too and so I've got nothing to compare it to either. Quick questions for you guys - do you think that squashing your headgear in your bag bends it our of shape and ruins it. It's just with all my boots, clothes etc in my bag, by the time my headgear goes in I really have to squash it down to fit it in and I'm worries I'm gonna ruin it somehow.
I wouldn't worry about squashing your headgear, nothing serious would come of it. Bty how'd your fight go?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I wouldn't worry about squashing your headgear, nothing serious would come of it. Bty how'd your fight go?
Sweet..thanks nsb!

Haha I knew someone was gonna ask me that. Well heres the story. I changed gyms and trainers a couple of months back cos I started to realise my old trainer was crap (and he is!) and now basically I've gotta try and start from the start trying to fix my bad habits I picked up. So basically my new trainer and I have decided that early next year I'll be ready to fight and thats what were aiming for. I'm just not exactly ready to fight right now, even though I thought I was, so making the move to change trainers was so good because now I'm actually being trained by someone who knows what hes doing, can identify what bad habits I have and I'm working my arse to get prepared and ready to fight. 8 months with my old trainer was way to long, I did a bit of damage which now I have to work extra hard to fix, but at least I didn't waste any more time.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sweet..thanks nsb!

Haha I knew someone was gonna ask me that. Well heres the story. I changed gyms and trainers a couple of months back cos I started to realise my old trainer was crap (and he is!) and now basically I've gotta try and start from the start trying to fix my bad habits I picked up. So basically my new trainer and I have decided that early next year I'll be ready to fight and thats what were aiming for. I'm just not exactly ready to fight right now, even though I thought I was, so making the move to change trainers was so good because now I'm actually being trained by someone who knows what hes doing, can identify what bad habits I have and I'm working my arse to get prepared and ready to fight. 8 months with my old trainer was way to long, I did a bit of damage which now I have to work extra hard to fix, but at least I didn't waste any more time.

If your not ready, your not ready, no need to rush it. Sorry to hear that your old trainer was a bum, hopefully the new guy will know what he's doing. Keep working hard, I'm sure you'll be ready in 8 months, and keep workin on those bad habits;)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Goodluck :thumbsup: took me about a year and 5 months with an amazing trainer to get me in fighting shape and fight ready. Got my first fight in december for the 119 pound weight class. I used to be 107 last december so thats an accomplishment. I can't wait to fight. Bought my headgear and Roy Jones Boxing shoes :laugh: seriously he has his own boxing boot that i didn't know about. The ones he wore at the Calzaghe fight. Its funny cause i've been preparing to look pretty rather than how am i gonna fight coming into the ring :laugh: Pretty boy Bryan :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts