Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats next for manny pacquiao???

Who can beat him???
Who should he be fighting in his next few fights???

Is he the next p4p?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Valero is expected to be his next i think. Guzman has been mentioned as well, after his hand recovers.

I personally was hoping for a rematch with JMM, that draw was a really good fight and they have unfinished business. But from what iv heard, JMM priced himself out of the fight.

For me JMM is the man to beat him, if he can fight like he did in the first fight minus the 1st round he can do it. I dont think Guzman or Valero could. Outside of that, i dont see anyone at SFW, but at LW maybe Juan Diaz could beat him if he went for the step-up to LW.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
id still give marco a chance in a rematch, marcos a helluva smart fighter who can adapt to any style.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm all for Marquez. All it will take is a guy with very accurate punches at the top of a solid offense. Manny has no defense.

·
Registered
205 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I'm all for Marquez. All it will take is a guy with very accurate punches at the top of a solid offense. Manny has no defense.
EXACTLY. Manny has absolutely no defense whatsoever. And his punches are way to wild. No technique IMO. An accurate puncher will finish him. EARLY.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Barerra
JJM
And even RM if he moves up in weight should all be fighting each other.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
sum1 said:
EXACTLY. Manny has absolutely no defense whatsoever. And his punches are way to wild. No technique IMO. An accurate puncher will finish him. EARLY.
100% correct. Now can you tell me why a couple of guys on here think Manny is #1 p4p? I laugh every time someone suggests that.:laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Pacqiao will be returning on october the sixth , fighting either, barrera, valero, guzman or soto at last resort. Bob Arum just announced this morning.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
He should fiGHT JJM.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
prettyboywho said:
He should fiGHT JJM.
From what i heard JMM was asking for too much for a rematch with Pac. I cant seem to find the source though:confused:

Pac has earned the right to be #1, hes fast and powerful, so is Floyd i know. But what seperates him? He takes on the very best. Hes faced the very best and has come out on top except for a draw with JMM and a loss to MAB. Great defense or not, he gets the job done.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
It won't be Guzman or Barerra IMO.
Is that a Floyd fan suggesting Pac will dodge the best two??:confused:
No that would be a Floyd fan saying that the injured Guzman wont want Manny as his first fight after injury and Barerra/Marquez II is looking promising again. :)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
LeedsLad said:
From what i heard JMM was asking for too much for a rematch with Pac. I cant seem to find the source though:confused:

Pac has earned the right to be #1, hes fast and powerful, so is Floyd i know. But what seperates him? He takes on the very best. Hes faced the very best and has come out on top except for a draw with JMM and a loss to MAB. Great defense or not, he gets the job done.
Right, losses/draws, and getting the hell beat out of him for zero defense. I don't know how you guys rank p4p fighters but zero defense puts you out of my top 5 for sure. I have pac at #7 or 8 at best.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
LeedsLad said:

How could he ask to much for a fight everybody wants to see. He knows he will get less than Pac so whats the problem.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
it will be one of the found, probabley valero as things look now but if he cant fight over here, he would probley fight soto for brotherly revenge and shane, your taking this NO DEFNESE thing a little to more. Pac's offense is his defense, just like alot of other fighters. He has good head movement which is also a part of his defense. Tyson had the same type defense.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Is that a Floyd fan suggesting Pac will dodge the best two??:confused:
No that would be a Floyd fan saying that the injured Guzman wont want Manny as his first fight after injury and Barerra/Marquez II is looking promising again. :)
No that is a Floyd fan saying that the injured Guzman wont want Manny as his first fight after injury and Barerra/Marquez is looking good again as of today.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
if you would of heard was katsidas said about guzman, and how guzman reacted towards the comments that katsidas said, guzman wants one person, and thats katsidas, or whatever his name is. Trust me. Guzman will need to be in tip top shape and have no injuries if he wnats to try pacquaio. Im not saying who will win. I like both fighters but right now im pulling for pacquaio in the guzman fight, but after a year with floyd sr. guzman may turn into a very very good boxer/puncher with excellent defenese.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
tysonjones said:
it will be one of the found, probabley valero as things look now but if he cant fight over here, he would probley fight soto for brotherly revenge and shane, your taking this NO DEFNESE thing a little to more. Pac's offense is his defense, just like alot of other fighters. He has good head movement which is also a part of his defense. Tyson had the same type defense.
No way man. Manny has no defense. Offense as defense only adds to an already existing defensive repetoir. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
LeedsLad said:

I think you mean a lose to Morales? He beat MAB. I agree with you and say he is #1 P4P. But if Winky beats Hopkins, he will move to #1.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts