Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats next for Antonio Margarito???

i have always liked this fighter but after his loss against williams i cant really see him beating top level no more.

Anouther fight with cintron could be a good fight which i see him winning but the top level such as mayweather would be too good for him.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Cintron would have a good chance of beating Margy in a rematch, i dont see him beating any of the top level fighters either really.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
what i respect most about margarito is his will. he's a big strong welter who would walk through hellfire. i think against the quicker fighter he'll always have problems, but to those who aren't fleet of foot are at risk. I really wanted to see him and cotto get it on, but p-will messed that up. damn him!!!!!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Cotto-Margy would have been a hell of a fight, id give Margarito alot better chance of winning that than beating Mayweather, Mosley and other skilled quick boxers.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
No question that Margy screwed himself up by not waking up early against Williams. I think a rematch could be interesting even though i doubt the punisher will fight him again. If Margy fights him again he won't make the same mistake twice and get at him right after the opening bell. A rematch with Clottey would also be interesting.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Williams would beat him again. Floyd would beat him. Mosley would beat him. The statue just needs to fade away.

In all seriousness there are rumors of a Margarito vs Zab Judah fight. I'd love to see that one.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yes he did, but Judah has said that he wants to fight Margarito after his next probable tune up fight.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I know. I see Judah starting out hot, but ending up discouraged from hitting the canvas once or twice.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Exactly. What do you think about Berto vs Judah? That would be a great "breakout" fight for Berto if he could pull out the win. If I was to bet on Judah-Berto I would have to put my money on Judah.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
BigDigga said:
i think p-will takes the rematch too. as far as judah/margario, i'd like to see that too, but didn't margarito sign on to face golden johnson?
gojo is fighting collazo now i heard, margarito v cintron 2 is 99.9% on for early 08.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Williams would beat him again. Floyd would beat him. Mosley would beat him. The statue just needs to fade away.

In all seriousness there are rumors of a Margarito vs Zab Judah fight. I'd love to see that one.
mosley, zab, floyd, winky and stinxs have all ducked margie in the last 18 months, thats why i like the guy so much because nobody wants to fight him and he doesn't mind taking the risky fights.

he could quite easily have sat and waited for the huge $$$$ fight with cotto but he man'd up and fought williams when nobody else would.

just for the record, margie would beat williams if they ever fight again, he lost the first 6 rounds the first time and still only lost by 2 rounds on my card.

he wouldn't start so slow the next time though because he'll have shook off the ring rust he had from the first fight, margie only fought 14 rounds in 27 months, he was clearly rusty against williams.

the real margarito would have won that fight maybe even stopping williams late.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
oh yeah? margarito/cintron 2 is even better!

i think a bout between cotto and berto would be a good scrap. i'd have to go with judah as of now, but 2 more fights against better opposition then i may have to go with berto.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
TommyGunn said:
mosley, zab, floyd, winky and stinxs have all ducked margie in the last 18 months, thats why i like the guy so much because nobody wants to fight him and he doesn't mind taking the risky fights.

he could quite easily have sat and waited for the huge $$$$ fight with cotto but he man'd up and fought williams when nobody else would.

just for the record, margie would beat williams if they ever fight again, he lost the first 6 rounds the first time and still only lost by 2 rounds on my card.

he wouldn't start so slow the next time though because he'll have shook off the ring rust he had from the first fight, margie only fought 14 rounds in 27 months, he was clearly rusty against williams.

the real margarito would have won that fight maybe even stopping williams late.
correct me if i'm wrong but williams was margarito' mandatory, so he had to fight him or be stripped. margarito could win the rematch by starting earlier, but i think williams would have benefitted from fighting him already. so, i think he comes in better than he did the first go round. i know they sparred before they fought, but the real thing is a different ballgame.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:

Williams will never give Margarito a rematch. Tony made the mistake of underestimating him in a rematch Tony would KO the punisher

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
These posts are funny. Margarito KO Williams...yeah OK.

The better fighter won that fight, plain and simple. I'd bet on Williams AGAIN in a rematch to win by dec. IF they were to fight again, which they probably wont. Williams has no reason to go after Margarito at this point as there are far more money making oppurtunities and other belts to be had out there. I'd like to see him in there with the winner of Cotto/Mosley.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
If they were to fight again Margy will go for the kill early. If he doesnt then hes stupider than i thought. Williams is good but look at the end of their fight and tell me he wasnt dead tired...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Williams needs the big fights at 147 quick, he wont be able to make the 147 limit much longer. Cotto/Williams would be foty IMO i reckon Williams would take the early rounds but get punished later and stopped in rounds 10-11.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts