Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the Pac fight and the close loss decision (personnaly i thought he won but we have been through that on another thread) i was thinking the world is at paccies feet but what about JMM
1) where can go ?
2 where should he go ?

Badger

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It's looking like it might be Campbell next.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Richard Schaefer,
We're planning on doing a pay-per-view in October with Juan Manuel Marquez, and I talked to Don King a week ago, to see if we could put a Marquez-Nate Campbell fight together. I haven't heard back from him yet. I think he was traveling overseas I was told. So with what's happening with Mosley, we could possibly see a doubleheader with Mayorga and Mosley and with Juan Manuel Marquez and Nate Campbell and I think we could come up with a couple of other fights with Don, so I think we could come up with a pretty spectacular night in October.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah but Campell has said numerous times that he doesnt wanna wait until november to fight, we will see if he does tho.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
After the Pac fight and the close loss decision (personnaly i thought he won but we have been through that on another thread) i was thinking the world is at paccies feet but what about JMM
1) where can go ?
2 where should he go ?

Badger
Get a couple of wins under his belt at Lightweight, have a superfight and then think about retiring.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that would be a shame NFFC if that was all he had left to give to boxing i really feel sorry for him clearly a brilliant fighter and yet gets very little recognition, 2 fantastic fights against Paccie and not to mention the Barrera fight. But it appears he will never get the accolades he merits, i for one hope he has 3-4 big fights left in him but not sure who he should or who he could go for ?

Badger

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Now that would be a shame NFFC if that was all he had left to give to boxing i really feel sorry for him clearly a brilliant fighter and yet gets very little recognition, 2 fantastic fights against Paccie and not to mention the Barrera fight. But it appears he will never get the accolades he merits, i for one hope he has 3-4 big fights left in him but not sure who he should or who he could go for ?

Badger
If he faces and defeats Campbell, that will setup another even BIGGER showdown with Pacquiao for all 4 lightweight titles (assuming Pac beats Diaz). If he wins the rest of his fights in his career or at least beats Pacquiao, he will undoubtedly get the accolades he deserves.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now i like the sound of that DRP that would really spice things up, but would paccie want to fight JMM for a 3rd time ?. i hope so, but he never seemed keen to go again at the post fight interview, which is the reason i started this thread i felt paccie would not fight him again after having so much trouble with him (i still believe JMM won both fights granted they were very very close)so i was not sure where he could go from there ?.

Badger

Badger

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Now i like the sound of that DRP that would really spice things up, but would paccie want to fight JMM for a 3rd time ?. i hope so, but he never seemed keen to go again at the post fight interview, which is the reason i started this thread i felt paccie would not fight him again after having so much trouble with him (i still believe JMM won both fights granted they were very very close)so i was not sure where he could go from there ?.

Badger

Badger
I thought he won both fights too. If Marquez beats Campbell and takes 3 of the 4 135 belts, while Pacquiao has the other. Manny would have no choice, but to face Marquez or a potential mismatch with Hatton. I know Arum would love it if Marquez beat Campbell and set up the 3rd fight since the 2nd one got record breaking numbers.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts

Badger

Badger
i can think about 5 or 6 million reasons he'd fight jmm again;)

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Badger
I really like Marquez and I thought that he beat Pacquiao both times. Unfortunately though his age may catch up with him soon, maybe he beat some well ranked lightweights (Campbell, Diaz, Casamayor) then beat Pac it would be a perfect time to go out on top before he gets too old

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I agree. Unfortunately, Shaefar was very adament it would be on HBO PPV in October:thumbsdown:
I read somewhere that HBO were trying to cut down on PPV's as it limits their audience. Is this crap or are the promoters trying to force them into it? This year we've even seen Trinidad-Jones on HBO PPV :(:confused:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
That should never have been PPV, the American fans were robbed there because nothing was on the line.

I cant complain, it was free over here.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Can't complain really, at least over here we get less PPV's even if the fights aren't primetime. Over in America they get them primetime but any half decent event is PPV

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Marquez beat Pacquiao twice, and he'd beat him again if they fight. That's the fight I want to see from Marquez, but waiting until October is ridiculous.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts