Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's with the recent color scheme of gray and red? It was what Mayweather wore in the Hatton, fight, it's what Jones Jr wore in the Trinidad fight, and is what Hopkins wore in the Calzaghe fight.

Just an small observation of mine.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I noticed that as well. Silver and red go well together. I don't think there's any significance to it though.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
breast cancer I believe....

However I dont like the color combo. I remember Jones wasn't very fond of not getting to wear his custom gloves for the tito fight because they were grey and silver to help promote breast cancer awarness or something along those lines.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
What's with the recent color scheme of gray and red? It was what Mayweather wore in the Hatton, fight, it's what Jones Jr wore in the Trinidad fight, and is what Hopkins wore in the Calzaghe fight.

Just an small observation of mine.:rolleyes:
Easy. They like it

·
Registered
397 Posts
breast cancer I believe....

However I dont like the color combo. I remember Jones wasn't very fond of not getting to wear his custom gloves for the tito fight because they were grey and silver to help promote breast cancer awarness or something along those lines.
No it was something about a fraternity called Tau Kappa Epsilon which Jones was involved with. The colors are red and silver

Roy Jones, Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Tau Kappa Epsilon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Larry and Jim were commenting about it before his fight with Trinidad

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
it didnt look good, I didnt even like mayewathers trunks for his fight with hatton. I prefer the ones he faught against delahoya in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts