Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, how's it going?

My friend and I just went and checked out the local club in our area. It's called Uptown Boxing Club, in Barrie, Ontario, Canada. What I was wondering is what kind of equipment does your gym have? How big is it?

The gym I checked out costs $50 a month. It's one big room with the ring on the far end. It has about 8 heavy bags, 2 speed bags, a combo dummy, and a couple slip bags. There are mirrors posted on the longest wall to help with shadow boxing and technique. The instructors all seemed very friendly and helpful. The senior members of the gym led the exercises and drills, while the instructors helped with specific training and worked with the combo mitts.

I don't really know if the setup is good or not, as I have nothing to compare it to. As far as I know, it's the only club in the city. If you guys have any input, I'd love to hear it, thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
My gym charges $15.00 a month and is about medium sized. It has a ring, 2 heavybags, 2 speed bags, treadmills, olypticals, steppers, and stationary bikes. It also has incline boards, a bench press, a pull up bar, and an area where you can hook up double end bags, slip bags, a rope, or any other thing like that. It also has a mirrored wall for shadow boxing and jumping rope. The gym can comfortably have 25-30 people working out at once, although this rarely happens. It is usually more like 10-15. There are 4-5 great trainers, and of course, the former heavyweight champion of the world, Larry Holmes.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
To me it sounds like your gym is good enough for 50 dollars a month with everything you basically need. My Trainer makes us pay 20-25 bucks a month depending on age to train. The gym is very small its like a little garage he put everything in. It has everything we need. 2 Heavy bags 1 upper cut bag 1 bag that just stays in place he calls it a dead man bag 3 speed bags Mirrors for shadow boxing 2 Slip and slide bags 2 Inclined sit up benches and a couple of jump ropes. I guess its so expensive cause he's a great trainer. I was doing great in just 2 months of training with no experience.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I went to LA Boxing for about a year which got me in decent shape but I moved and now go to a normal gym. They are putting in boxing equipment so I want to get back into it. I start to get that itch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts