Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats your style? I'm sort of like Joe Louis, plodding forward behind the jab hoping to catch them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
bill1234 said:
Whats your style? I'm sort of like Joe Louis, plodding forward behind the jab hoping to catch them.
I mimic Joe Frazier. I hate backing up, I love to bob and weave, I'm working on the left hook but I can't seem to get it to snap like Joe could.

When I get tired I tend to mimic Lennox Lewis.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
theboz19 said:
I can't seem to get it to snap like Joe could.

Not many can, only him and a few other very good fighters could.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm short and ain't got much reach. So I try to fight like Tyson, even though I'm no heavyweight. I train for speed and manage distance through bobbing and weaving rather than keeping the jab-jab on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I try to fight like "super macho man" in mike Tyson's punch out but its really hard to land the super spin punch.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i used to be more of a brawler but in the last couple weeks me and my trainer have been trying to turn me into more of a boxer and ill tell ya its a hell of alot easier to be a boxer lol u dont get hit as much its really nice lol

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I really have no style at all.. it all comes up to who im fighting... If the guy is the slick type I try to manhandle the guy and I fight dirty..If the guys is a swarmer I start throwing some looping punches.. Anyways I really dont have any style, I just make them up when the bell rings

·
Registered
116 Posts
like i said before about me trying to be an actual boxer and not so much a brawler it has worked very good for me since changing my style ive won a few tournaments and things are workin good for me i highly reccomend boxing instead of brawling

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
For some reason in the ring its much different for me then on the bag or the mits. I'm slow and heavy on the bag the mits i'm fast. The Ring i tend to be explosive with rapid punches not hard but rapid because i'm too light to hit as hard as a welterweight or lightweight. I tend to get into it when i realize i'm doing good i'll start yelling "ha, ha" either to get the air out or i'm just into it lol. Can't really explain my style much but i can be slow and steady at one point and just explode on you the next. I'm a body puncher i hardly go to the head i used to when i first started a 7 months ago i always threw straight rights because it was the only punch that i knew was powerful. If i go to the head it'll either be a jab or a hook. I love throwing hooks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.