Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Pick one...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm looking forward to Nas's new album. I don't really listen to rap anymore but Nas always puts out some of the best composed lyrics. NY State of Mind is one of the best songs of all time in my opinion.

I like Eminem and not because he's a white rapper but the why he uses his lyrics in the compound syllable sound combine form. I would have voted for him but I think his music has gone down and he's turning emo with all the lovbey dubby crap.

I'm also a G-unit fan but their music is to main stream now and I'm quite tired of it.

I heard Detox was going to be an awesome album but they with held the release for so long that I no longer care anymore.

The Game is ok but like most rappers his rapping rhythm is almost the same in every song. So every song almost sounds the same.

The Roots are one of the best groups I have seen. I would have voted for them but I haven't heard anything about their new album and not sure if they can top their past ones.

Lupe is to main stream for me. I can't stand his music after its been played on the raido 50 times in 1 day.

Ice Cube sucks and should just retire from both music and making movies. This isn't the 90's anymore and he should realize he's to valley to be gangster anymore.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking forward to Nas's new album. I don't really listen to rap anymore but Nas always puts out some of the best composed lyrics. NY State of Mind is one of the best songs of all time in my opinion.

I like Eminem and not because he's a white rapper but the why he uses his lyrics in the compound syllable sound combine form. I would have voted for him but I think his music has gone down and he's turning emo with all the lovbey dubby crap.

I'm also a G-unit fan but their music is to main stream now and I'm quite tired of it.

I heard Detox was going to be an awesome album but they with held the release for so long that I no longer care anymore.

The Game is ok but like most rappers his rapping rhythm is almost the same in every song. So every song almost sounds the same.

The Roots are one of the best groups I have seen. I would have voted for them but I haven't heard anything about their new album and not sure if they can top their past ones.

Lupe is to main stream for me. I can't stand his music after its been played on the raido 50 times in 1 day.

Ice Cube sucks and should just retire from both music and making movies. This isn't the 90's anymore and he should realize he's to valley to be gangster anymore.
I agree with some of this. I am a huge Nas fan. I don't think Eminem is anything other than amazing. His last album was just silly. I didn't like it, but he found a way to talk about nothing and still make it relevant. When he said that he was out of things to say and was going to wait until there was a reason to make a new album I knew his next would be amazing, and I still feel the same. I'm a huge fan of The Game. The Dre album will surely be a 9/10 or 10/10 album. The Roots albums are always perfect. Have you heard Lupe Fiasco's The Cool or just superstar?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with some of this. I am a huge Nas fan. I don't think Eminem is anything other than amazing. His last album was just silly. I didn't like it, but he found a way to talk about nothing and still make it relevant. When he said that he was out of things to say and was going to wait until there was a reason to make a new album I knew his next would be amazing, and I still feel the same. I'm a huge fan of The Game. The Dre album will surely be a 9/10 or 10/10 album. The Roots albums are always perfect. Have you heard Lupe Fiasco's The Cool or just superstar?
I just looked up The Cool right now and it's pretty good. I haven't really been reading much on rap industry for about 2 years now. I don't even listen to the radio hardly either. Only when I'm in other people's cars. So I've only heard Lupe's Superstar song.

I didn't know Eminem was going to release an album when he felt there was something to write about. It sound's like it should be really good then.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Eminem said that he didn't have anything else to say and that putting out an album just to put out an album was pointless. With the crap that's out these days I think Eminem is going to absolutely smash EVERYTHING when he drops that new album.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I look forward to the games last album L.A.X. only because he's my favorite rapper. He's been going downhill lately unfortunately. G-unit i can care less what they do such a horrible group. Lupend i'm looking forward to cause it seems like its gonna be a good album The Cool was good. Ice Cube is not as good as he used to be in his NWA years and when he first went solo. The Roots not interested in it. Nas i like him and just because the album is named n*gger i want it lol. I have always hated eminem so i'm not interested in his new album and Detox has been said to come out since like what...2003? iono but its been too long for that **** I'm not interested.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just looked up The Cool right now and it's pretty good. I haven't really been reading much on rap industry for about 2 years now. I don't even listen to the radio hardly either. Only when I'm in other people's cars. So I've only heard Lupe's Superstar song.

I didn't know Eminem was going to release an album when he felt there was something to write about. It sound's like it should be really good then.
I look forward to the games last album L.A.X. only because he's my favorite rapper. He's been going downhill lately unfortunately. G-unit i can care less what they do such a horrible group. Lupend i'm looking forward to cause it seems like its gonna be a good album The Cool was good. Ice Cube is not as good as he used to be in his NWA years and when he first went solo. The Roots not interested in it. Nas i like him and just because the album is named n*gger i want it lol. I have always hated eminem so i'm not interested in his new album and Detox has been said to come out since like what...2003? iono but its been too long for that **** I'm not interested.
I can't wait for LAX either. I don't think he's gone downhill at all. I think he's gotten better. G-Unit is lame to me. I still think Cube is solid. They could have said Detox was going to come out in 1990 and I'd still be foaming at the mouth for it. I don't see how anyone could hate Eminem.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Shadys never made a bad album IMO, i expect this to be no different. Ive been waiting on the new Dre album since 2001, it should be crazy.

I dont expect much from Cube or The Game.

Never liked Naz, G unit should be "ok".

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Its really a tie between Eminem, The Game and Lupe.

Eminem since he is a legend and is the most "mainstream" rapper in the world.

The game has always been a favorite of mine and i like his songs

Recently i started listening to Lupe and hes just amazing. His lyrics are fatastic but im gonna go with the eminem album for now.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Shadys never made a bad album IMO, i expect this to be no different. Ive been waiting on the new Dre album since 2001, it should be crazy.

I dont expect much from Cube or The Game.

Never liked Naz, G unit should be "ok".
Encore was just straight garbage. His other ones were great. And I expect his next to be as well

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This got many more responses than I had expected. Thumbs up. Oh, and I left Carter III off the list on purpose in case anyone was wondering. I really think that G-Unit album is going to suffer without Buck. Another shot to 50's ego after getting owned in record sales by Kanye during debut week last year.

Gerald, I agree that Encore was a silly ass album. He explained it though and I could dig what he was saying.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Which means an all out murder by the game. Game murders them when they try to get at other rappers. They're garbage i don't understand why they keep trying. We'll see who they try to diss. Most likely rappers they KNOW they can get away with.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts