Which fight is more IMPORTANT?

• Joe Calzaghe vs Roy Jones Jr

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now lets make one thing clear, this is not where you vote on which fight your most excited about or which fight you want to see the most. This is to vote on which fight you think holds the most importance in the lightheavyweight division. My favorite fight coming up is jones vs calzaghe however I think it has little effect on the future of the lhw division. Same with Pavlik vs Hopkins because Pavlik will not be fighting as a lhw for awhile. I think Dawson Tarver holds the most significance right now. Because I think if Dawson beats tarver which is the most probable outcome, we'll have a reigining lhw champ for awhile in dawson.

G

·
Dawson-Tarver. It's a no-brainer for me.

Calzaghe, Jones and Hopkins are all on the verge of retirement. Although, Pavlik will be fighting at 175 someday, and it'll probably be sooner now that it looks like Abraham can't make 160 anymore.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts

Calzaghe, Jones and Hopkins are all on the verge of retirement. Although, Pavlik will be fighting at 175 someday, and it'll probably be sooner now that it looks like Abraham can't make 160 anymore.
You gotta go with the two of the top dogs who will be in the game for a long time to come and will probably shape up the LHW division.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Dawson-Tarver. Easy.

Roy Jones is shot. Calzaghe will be forever known as a SMW.

Hopkins is on the verge of retirement. Pavlik is middleweight champion.

Tarver has been pretty much regarded as one of the top LHW in the world for a few years now. Dawson is regarded as the future of the division. The passing of the torch if Dawson wins.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I voted Dawson/Tarver, but it could go to that one or to Pavlik/Hopkins since Dawson and Pavlik look to be the future at 175. Calzaghe and Jones both look to be about one fight away from retirement.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

I agree. I see things pretty much the same way

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree with whats been said in this thread so far. Calzaghe/Jones & Pavlik/Hopkins are pretty much meaningless as far as the future of the division goes, Dawson/Tarver means the most.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Tarver vs Dawson is the most important fight division wise. But p4p wise its Pavlik vs Hopkins.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tarver vs Dawson is the most important fight division wise. But p4p wise its Pavlik vs Hopkins.
Pavlik doesn't move up any if he beats bhop. If bhop loses, he's out of my top 20 p4p becasue that would be 2 in a row and 4 of last 6 or somethign like that. Now if Calzaghe loses, he moves up. If Dawson wins, hes now in the top 10 imo.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Dawson-Tarver for sure. I wouldn't move Calzaghe up at all if he beats Roy. I also wouldn't put Dawson in my top 10 if he beats Tarver.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think Dawson is really being overlooked on the p4p rankings. He's fighting old guys just like calzaghe, but he's still fighting relatively tough opposition.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts