Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering either Ringside IMF Tech or Grant Campeon. They're the same price at Ringside. What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks.

Sorry for the double post. Technical glitch.

·
Registered
841 Posts
There are lots of posts about both of these gloves that are easy to find if you want to get more info about them. First of all, I have to say DO NOT GET THE CAMPEON TRAINING GLOVES. The only good campeon gloves are the bag gloves. The first pair of these I got last me about a week before the inner lining came loose/practically off until you could feel the actual foam padding of the glove(which sucks). I returned them. The SECOND pair I got last me 4 days before they did the exact same thing. It's either a random problem or a flaw in the assembly of these gloves, just stay away from them. The IMF's are my favorite training gloves by far. I have had mine for almost 5 months and they're still goin strong. Very durable padding, adaquate wrist protection, and comfortable hand pocket, the padding can also take some light bag work w/out any wear. I do recommend getting 16oz or larger because imo the 14's that I have are still too small. The only and I mean ONLY downer about these gloves are that they have an annoying secondary elastic cover on the hook and loop version, but you get used to it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean that the 14 oz are too small? I don't have exceptionally large hands or anything. Just normal. Will it be OK? I intended to get 14 oz because I'm replacing some other 14 oz pairs that I have for sparring that have gotten too old or I just don't like 'em. Thanks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I meant to say the hand pocket in this glove is smaller then other 14oz gloves, but the difference isn't that much of a significance so get what size your comfortable with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts