Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

The Worst Of The Worst

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are all bad but which 1 is the worst

WBO- This organization had a dead man in their super middleweight ranking and moved up 2 spots, after death, to the #5 spot. Constantly have unproven prospects and "contenders" at the top of their rankings with Frank Warren promoted boxers seemingly always getting (undeserved in most cases) mandatories. Alex Arthur didnt even have to fight to get their Super Featherweight belt.

WBC- They let Mayweather hold their title for 2 years without fighting a boxer ranked in his division, also hasnt stripped or made him vacate even though he has 'retired'. After winning 1 fight they have put Oscar Larios in their mandatory position to face Linares, who dominated him the fight before, Larios has a suspended license in the US sense doctors found bleeding in his brain after the Larios fight. Recently sanctioned a fight for their title matching an unproven prospect with great skills against an unproven contender (who is ready journeyman status) in the deepest division in boxing.

IBF- They let Judah keep their title after losing to Baldomir because Baldy didnt pay their sanctioning fee and then ordered an immediate rematch after a clear cut decision for Mayweather against Judah. They stripped Izzy for not defending aginst undeserving Molitor and made Glen Johnson wait years for a shot at Woods. Forced Antonio Margarito to vacate their title for not immediately defending a title he just won in April.

WBA- That super and regular champion stuff is the biggest load of garbage and the worst 'normal' practice and stipulation of any sanctioning body. Japanese and (asian promoted) boxers seem to always be in a mandatory position and are allowed to defend against all the bums they want with no repercussions. Also Mundine became their 168 pound champ after beating Sam Soliman for the vacant title:laugh:. Yusuke Kobori is their lightweight champ and Firat Arslan at cruiserweight who they beat I dont know.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The WBO easily. I don't even rank it with the other 3. I rank it more with the IBO and WBU.
I had to put them in it, when major sanctioning bodies are talked it's 4. If it wasnt for that super and regular champion bullshitt it would have been the WBO for me with WBA close second

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I had to put them in it, when major sanctioning bodies are talked it's 4. If it wasnt for that super and regular champion bullshitt it would have been the WBO for me with WBA close second
Correct its 4. And all 4 have just as much faults as eachother.

The WBC are the worst though IMO...James Toney was right what he called them.....

We
Be
Crooks

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct its 4. And all 4 have just as much faults as eachother.

The WBC are the worst though IMO...James Toney was right what he called them.....

We
Be
Crooks
It's so easy to argue for either 1 of them its crazy, boxing is definitely in need a comission made up of prestigous boxing writers and official boxing stats

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
It's so easy to argue for either 1 of them its crazy, boxing is definitely in need a comission made up of prestigous boxing writers and official boxing stats
The ring have to be recognised as the linear championship now.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
You include them if you want. Just remember Ring magazine use to acknowledge the WBC, IBF and WBA. But it never acknowledged the WBO. They always referred to it as a minor belt. And it was/is.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
You include them if you want. Just remember Ring magazine use to acknowledge the WBC, IBF and WBA. But it never acknowledged the WBO. They always referred to it as a minor belt. And it was/is.
They do now though.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The ring have to be recognised as the linear championship now.
As of right now they are the best but I got a couple problems with them, they dont mandatory, and they are owned by a GBP. I have a strong feeling GBP is trying to position themselves to be to boxing what the UFC is to mma.

The top writers from the world should organize ratings like the NBA, MLB, and NFL does when they pick MVP, etc.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
As of right now they are the best but I got a couple problems with them, they dont mandatory, and they are owned by a GBP. I have a strong feeling GBP is trying to position themselves to be to boxing what the UFC is to mma.

The top writers from the world should organize ratings like the NBA, MLB, and NFL does when they pick MVP, etc.
I know what you are saying but GBP dont have creative control of The Ring. Its still the same guys who run it. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
thw wbo is proably the worse since in the 80's i think they use to only conisder the wbc, wba and ibf the proper belts. the wbo is definately in the same category as the other 3 right now.

i think the wbc is the best alphabet belt in terms of name, but that doesn't mean it is the best. sulaimane seems to be a money grabbing ****. it all really depends on who has the belts i suppose.

the wba is bullshit wit the super champ and regular champ. you can't have 2 world champs ffs lol. kinda same with how the wbo has the second champ thing too.

thinking bout it, the ibf seems the least contreversal. i'm not sure though.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Out of the big 4 theres not a lot to choose they all have faults.

The fighter makes the title anyway.

I remember Naz and Barrera fought for the IBO title which at that point was the linear title.

·
Registered
119 Posts
WBC are the most corrupt as the whole Rocchigiani thing when they made him champ, the stripped him and awarded it to Roy Jones was disgraceful. They had to pay somewhere near $30M to settle that for Rocchigiani and almost went totally bankrupt. Personally they're all as bad as each other, and pretty inconsequential, people know who good boxers are and they'll watch them and recognise them even without titles.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
WBO just happens to be the most recent of those four,but its already considered a major one...

All of those four are jokes, some strip you for talking(casamayor), some for not paying the fees(baldomir), some charge fees even when their belt isnt at stake(calzaghe-hop), some create ridiculous belt categories(WBA)... all of those organizations are corrupt and wicked..
Cant vote for one...

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Great topic, but it's like trying to choose between Stalin, Hitler, and Mussolini as to who was the most cruel dictator. All of these sanctioning "organizations" are corrupt, have bogus rankings, and will break their own rules at the drop of a hat. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just treat their alphabet belts for exactly what they are: meaningless bullshit. Don't get me wrong, it's great when a fighter goes out there, takes care of business, and gets a fancy little belt to show off, but far too often the politics involved soil their accomplishments as well as the shine of the belt itself.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Great topic, but it's like trying to choose between Stalin, Hitler, and Mussolini as to who was the most cruel dictator. All of these sanctioning "organizations" are corrupt, have bogus rankings, and will break their own rules at the drop of a hat. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just treat their alphabet belts for exactly what they are: meaningless bullshit. Don't get me wrong, it's great when a fighter goes out there, takes care of business, and gets a fancy little belt to show off, but far too often the politics involved soil their accomplishments as well as the shine of the belt itself.
Quote of the day. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts