Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering wich musles you can train the best for boxing when you are using training devices,or whic musles you use when you punch...

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 more thing while im here is it good to have a high carbon diet with such things as pasta, boiled rice, crisps and lots of cans of energy drinks also i complan as a milkshake but i would like to know some of your regular diets that have worked for you and i can compare them to the foods i eat
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Woah, no there, not energy dirnks or all that. You need complex carbs from things like brown rice, oatmeal, some pasta and all. You are of course going to need 4oz of red meat every day, lots of poultry, it's high in protein, protein shakes aren't necessary but if you can't get all your protein from what you eat, it's a great way to get it. No energy drinks for sure, you can have one once in awhile for fun, but, definitely not before a bout, before training, before sparring, or anything. But as far as muscles go, some people use arm strength, some people use leg strength, some use both, but mostly in boxing, they'll teach you mostly leg strength. The force of hooks and crosses is the stepping and pivoting motion starting from the feet. When you step into a cross you use your back leg and turn your foot, knee, hip, and shoulder. Same with a hook but it goes with both legs. The force of a jab is the force of stepping in, and the spring of your back and shoulder. An uppercut's strength comes from the knees, position you are in, your back, and your shoulder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Woah, no there, not energy dirnks or all that. You need complex carbs from things like brown rice, oatmeal, some pasta and all. You are of course going to need 4oz of red meat every day, lots of poultry, it's high in protein, protein shakes aren't necessary but if you can't get all your protein from what you eat, it's a great way to get it. No energy drinks for sure, you can have one once in awhile for fun, but, definitely not before a bout, before training, before sparring, or anything. But as far as muscles go, some people use arm strength, some people use leg strength, some use both, but mostly in boxing, they'll teach you mostly leg strength. The force of hooks and crosses is the stepping and pivoting motion starting from the feet. When you step into a cross you use your back leg and turn your foot, knee, hip, and shoulder. Same with a hook but it goes with both legs. The force of a jab is the force of stepping in, and the spring of your back and shoulder. An uppercut's strength comes from the knees, position you are in, your back, and your shoulder.
thanks this is helpful

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 more thing while im here is it good to have a high carbon diet with such things as pasta, boiled rice, crisps and lots of cans of energy drinks also i complan as a milkshake but i would like to know some of your regular diets that have worked for you and i can compare them to the foods i eat
:thumbsup:
I'm kinda happy with my diet.I only need to gain some pounds but i'm eating threw the hole dayand it doens't help much so i'm trying to gain with muscles

·
Registered
212 Posts
as far as i know, the main muscles you use in boxing are triceps, shoulders, back and legs. And you need some strong abs to protect you from body shots.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I'm kinda happy with my diet.I only need to gain some pounds but i'm eating threw the hole dayand it doens't help much so i'm trying to gain with muscles
Horrible diet. Switch it up and you'll see a great improvement in it. DO NOT drink energy drinks for boxing. TOO much sugar. You need water.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts