Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the sport today, i wonder who you guys think is the best finisher. (I better not get anybody saying mayweather)

Im going with Pavlik. I think he is the perfect finisher. Have you ever seen him hurt somebody, run in and in turn get hit with a counter punch and get hurt? No, Have you ever seen him hurt somebody, and then not press enough, and let the person recover? No. I mean, look at Bucknutz Signature. He hits Miranda with that left-right counter, and obviously hurts him. BUT rather then immediately jump on him, he finds the opening and puts a left hand right through his guard after waiting for a few seconds. And look at his finishing of Jermain Taylor. Hurts him, walks him down into the corner, and PERFECTLY places left hooks and upper cuts. He hardly missed a punch in his finsihing of either Miranda, Zertuchie, or Taylor.

My votes for Pavlik.

who do you guys think?

-Ian

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
In the sport today, i wonder who you guys think is the best finisher. (I better not get anybody saying mayweather)

Im going with Pavlik. I think he is the perfect finisher. Have you ever seen him hurt somebody, run in and in turn get hit with a counter punch and get hurt? No, Have you ever seen him hurt somebody, and then not press enough, and let the person recover? No. I mean, look at Bucknutz Signature. He hits Miranda with that left-right counter, and obviously hurts him. BUT rather then immediately jump on him, he finds the opening and puts a left hand right through his guard after waiting for a few seconds. And look at his finishing of Jermain Taylor. Hurts him, walks him down into the corner, and PERFECTLY places left hooks and upper cuts. He hardly missed a punch in his finsihing of either Miranda, Zertuchie, or Taylor.

My votes for Pavlik.

who do you guys think?

-Ian
Off the top of my head I'd go for Pavlik as well

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Definetly Pavlik. He isn't a huge one-punch KO guy but he wears his opponents down and when he gets them in trouble he stops them.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Miguel Cotto is a great finisher.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
In his prime Oscar was a great finisher
100% Correct.

Oscar was the best finisher in the sport after Tyson.

He still is the best finisher even to this day.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He doesn't fight enough to be the best. But I still think he's top 5.
He showed me against Mayorga when he has his man hurt he is still the best.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
David Haye is also one of the best finishers in the sport.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts