Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who do you want to see Kelly Pavlik fight in 2008?

• Winner of Calzaghe-Kessler.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Winky Wright

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Roy Jones Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bernard Hopkins

• Rematch with Jermain Taylor

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • "Irish" John Duddy

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The rematch with Taylor is definetly the one i want to see, the first fight was entertaining and Taylor showed signs that a rematch could end differently. I still think Pavlik will KO Taylor though. After the rematch, presuming Pavlik does win, id like to see Arthur Abraham come over from Germany and unify titles. Both are powerful toe-to-toe warriors with alot of heart and chin, would be AWESOME!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
True man. So true. And after the first one you would have to be a homosexual to not want to see that war again. Or maybe a female, but my girl loved it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Definately a rematch so he can beat Taylor again! Don't think he'd have much trouble with him this time around!

Don't see much point in him fighting Calzaghe at the minute as he'd just get beat.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I think the Taylor rematch will be much closer than people are leading on. Jermain made mistakes that he should work to not let happen again. If Taylor would have thrown one uppercut in round two the fight would have been opposite.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I think the Taylor rematch will be much closer than people are leading on. Jermain made mistakes that he should work to not let happen again. If Taylor would have thrown one uppercut in round two the fight would have been opposite.
That's the thing though. He makes these same mistakes over and over. He doesn't seem to be learning from them.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I would like to see him fight anyone right now. winky, bhop, lacy, taylor (this one first:thumbsup: ) oh.... everyone except calzaghe:eek: seriously thinking about going back to watch taylor-pavlik II if it's in atlantic city again.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
that's where pavlik has a chance to do right where taylor did wrong. taylor was fighting guys he wasn't ready to fight when he won(not in my eyes though) the title. he should've just honored his mandartories and continue to work on his fundamentals. he let go of a trainer he trusted, and went for the quick money. pavlik has already one upped taylor by staying with loew.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
BigDigga said:
pavlik's not ready for calzaghe, and calzaghe knows it. i think pavlik knows too
True, it would be another Lacy scenario. When Pavlik has done with Taylor id like to see 18 months-2 years of domination at MW, clean out the division then step up for a Kessler superfight!

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Taylor rematch is absolutely the fight that needs to be made. It was very close, could have been won by either guy and Taylor had the belt.

Pavlik needs to stay in the midleweight division for a while and continue to hone his defense and movement.

Moving up in weight is out of the question in my opinion for at least another 1 1/2-2 years.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It has got to be a rematch. How can you say he won't have much problems with Taylor. After the last fight where he almost got sent to the moon I would say it would be pretty even. I still can't believe Taylor choked. That was probably the worst choke ive seen in my life. He will want revenge. My god what a choke!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts