Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 30.4%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In the past 20 years we have legends that have come and gone through the great sport of boxing. Who do you feel has the best legacy? I've always wondered this myself and I could never reach a solid conclusion. And please don't pick such and such due to how talented, smart, or great he was...make the decision just on the boxer's legacy alone.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I voted other...Lennox Lewis!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I don't like your excecutioner name, i don't like your executioner face, i don't like your executioner arguments, but i cannot argue with the executioner's LEGACY.

He outdoes everyone on that list.
Not just because he was middleweight champ for so long, but because he fought everyone and never ducked anyone.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Bernard the executioner Hopkins by a street!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
What makes you think that? :laugh: I know he's one of the best, but I'm just curious.
You find it strange i see. ;)

Know what i find strange?

How you could include Evander Holyfield on the list before him. LOL!

Lewis record speaks for itself, he's beat every fighter he's ever faced and fought in one of the greatest HW era's ever.

Mike Weaver
Tyrell Biggs
Razor Ruddock
Tony Tucker
Frank Bruno
Oliver McCall
Tommy Morrison
Ray Mercer
Henry Akinwande
Andrew Golota
Shannon Briggs
Evander Holyfield x2
Frans Botha
David Tua
Hassim Rahman
Mike Tyson
Vitali Klitschko

That speaks for itself, thats why more and more boxing experts are rating Lewis high in the top 10 HW's of all time. :D:thumbsup:

I cant beleive he's not on your poll options, thats very strange indeed Ex!

G

·
Calzaghe hands down! :D

I'm with Tommy on this one, Lennox Lewis takes this one clearly. The guy faced quality competition and beat everyone he faced and dominated his era.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts

I'm with Tommy on this one, Lennox Lewis takes this one clearly. The guy faced quality competition and beat everyone he faced and dominated his era.
Its no contest, Lewis is already considered an ATG by the experts none of the others are. Still cant beleive he wasn't on Ex's list. :D

Edit: Sweetpea is the only other guy on the poll to be considered ATG, not just Lewis.

Edit: Edit: A Mod should edit the poll and put Lewis where it says other.
Edit: No - Sugarshane

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts

McCall and Rahman were pretty bad bumps in the road, and he was mostly overshadowed by Tyson, Holyfield, and Bowe in his first 10 years.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't like your excecutioner name, i don't like your executioner face, i don't like your executioner arguments, but i cannot argue with the executioner's LEGACY.

He outdoes everyone on that list.
Not just because he was middleweight champ for so long, but because he fought everyone and never ducked anyone.
:laugh: At least your honest :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
In 50 years from now, people will still be rating Pernell Whitaker in the top 10 best p4p fighters of all time thats a legacy that none of that list has.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
In 50 years from now, people will still be rating Pernell Whitaker in the top 10 best p4p fighters of all time thats a legacy that none of that list has.
Lookin at the list I would indeed have to rate Whitaker #1 lb for lb. But uh, he just was never the star many of the rest became. Legacy has a lot to do with star status. Otherwise RJ wouldn't be on the list at all :laugh:. I've never seen an all time great fighter not come back from a devastating loss. Hell even Tyson regained the Heavyweight Championship and he's one of the biggest slip stories in boxing history. The man was prospect #1 Heavyweight of all time and now mostly shows up below 10. It's a sad story.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You find it strange i see. ;)

Know what i find strange?

How you could include Evander Holyfield on the list before him. LOL!

Lewis record speaks for itself, he's beat every fighter he's ever faced and fought in one of the greatest HW era's ever.

Mike Weaver
Tyrell Biggs
Razor Ruddock
Tony Tucker
Frank Bruno
Oliver McCall
Tommy Morrison
Ray Mercer
Henry Akinwande
Andrew Golota
Shannon Briggs
Evander Holyfield x2
Frans Botha
David Tua
Hassim Rahman
Mike Tyson
Vitali Klitschko

That speaks for itself, thats why more and more boxing experts are rating Lewis high in the top 10 HW's of all time. :D:thumbsup:

I cant beleive he's not on your poll options, thats very strange indeed Ex!
Lennox Lewis??? As in havimg the best legacy?? Are you crazy???

Nah I'm just kidding :laugh: Yeah I should have thrown him up there...I mean he is argubally the best HW of our time, it must've slipped my mind

·
Registered
339 Posts
I would probably go for Lennox Lewis. He fought and beat most of the top guns in that period and his wins over Holyfield and Tyson will always stick out.

Shame he didn't fight Bowe but I think he did enough to cement his legacy and people will talk about him 10 or 20 years from now.

Bernard Hopkins is one that I am not sure about, I think the future progress of Kelly Pavlik will determine how good his legacy will be.

I just think when you compare Holyfield and Tyson to Trinidad and Tarver to casual boxing fans, it doesn't even come close.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Lennox Lewis??? As in havimg the best legacy?? Are you crazy???

Nah I'm just kidding :laugh: Yeah I should have thrown him up there...I mean he is argubally the best HW of our time, it must've slipped my mind
Lennox does tend to slip the mind. In an era of exciting Heavyweights he wasn't one of them. Then Tyson and Holyfield were such megastars that people rarely paid much attention to him. Wasn't till Tyson and Holyfield were over the hill before the world finally gave him some real notice.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I voted other because I would also say Lennox Lewis.

Which is funny because I couldn't stand watching him fight and always watched hoping he'd get KTFO.

I MUCH prefered Tyson....give me Tyson every day of the week no matter what!!!

From the list I'd pick sweetpea.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts