Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who?

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you guys think leaves the better legacy?

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I like Mayweather, BUT Hopkins has proven over and over again that he's willing to fight anyone; and is not afraid to lose which I think is key. What he did against Pavlik, Tarver, and Tito was a perfect example of why Hopkins has the better legacy. All 3 of those fights he was expected to be KOd and to lose badly; in result, he TKOd Tito, and beat Tarver and Pavlik in lopsided decisions. And some people forget to mention that Tito at the time was #3 on the P4P list and Pavlik was #7. Mayweather has a good legacy as well, but I think Hopkins just has a better legacy.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bernard Hopkins without a shadow of a doubt.
That was quick dude, i agree though. :D

I like Mayweather, BUT Hopkins has proven over and over again that he's willing to fight anyone; and is not afraid to lose which I think is key. What he did against Pavlik, Tarver, and Tito was a perfect example of why Hopkins has the better legacy. All 3 of those fights he was expected to be KOd and to lose badly; in result, he TKOd Tito, and beat Tarver and Pavlik in lopsided decisions. And some people forget to mention that Tito at the time was #3 on the P4P list and Pavlik was #7. Mayweather has a good legacy as well, but I think Hopkins just has a better legacy.
Your bang on and not to mension he was the underdog going into the Winky fight aswell. Floyd will probably only fight another couple of times, Bernard will always have the better legacy. :thumbsup:

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I agree. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Bernard definetly. Its a shame for Floyd too, because with the depth of the division he fights in he could have retired with an unbelievably good resume.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bernard definetly. Its a shame for Floyd too, because with the depth of the division he fights in he could have retired with an unbelievably good resume.

Agreed 100%. I know a lot of us go about the ducking a lot...Thats not to say he wouldn't have won those fight though. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
dunno who has a better legacy but i put about 850k on hatton to win with your mil tommy :p

i put 100k on it being 12 rounds.

somehow i ended up losing 80k y day :s musta put it on going under 10 rounds for lacy and taylor.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL!

Dont worry about the points man, ive still got 8m and i hardly ever bet. :D

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
LOL!

Dont worry about the points man, ive still got 8m and i hardly ever bet. :D
i'll pay you back when hatton wins. if he loses then hatton should retire and i'll invoice him a bill for 1 mill :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i'll pay you back when hatton wins. if he loses then hatton should retire and i'll invoice him a bill for 1 mill :D
LMAO!

If he loses you wont have to because you'll never see me around these forums again. :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hopkins without a doubt The prima donna dont even come close

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopkins without a doubt The prima donna dont even come close
Im surprised at you C.J, i would have thought you'd have gone Mayweather > hopkins.
:laugh::thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Way too soon for this, Hopkins legacy is at it's end, Mayweather's could keep going for another 10 years, we don't know.
Mayweather will be 32 next time he fights, he's got 2-3 fights left in him max...That still wont be enough.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
This is an easy one...B-Hop Resume> PBF. B-Hop is still beating P4P fighters at his age and that speaks magnitudes for his career. The Living Legend....BERNARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD HOPKINS!

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Mayweather fights for big money, while Hopkins fights against big names. That's the difference for me.

Reactions: TommyGunn
1 - 20 of 182 Posts