Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMO Holmes hit harder, but Ali was faster. And IMO Holmes had a wider variety of dangerous weopans, but again, wasn't as fast as Ali. Holmes has very good 1 punch KO's over Curt Shepard and Mike Weaver (rematch in year 2000). Ali has very good combo KO's over Foreman and Wepner.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Bill you are talking to yourself buddy! Lol. Just kidding dude. I never got hit be either one, so I'm taking the easy way out on this one ;)

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Bill you are talking to yourself buddy! Lol. Just kidding dude. I never got hit be either one, so I'm taking the easy way out on this one ;)
What if I am talking to my self? What if I am?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i think ali was faster, holmes hit harder but i think ali's power was very underrated. Speed is power though. But holmes had an awesome power quick jab, maybe even better than ali's.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tysonjones said:
i think ali was faster, holmes hit harder but i think ali's power was very underrated. Speed is power though. But holmes had an awesome power quick jab, maybe even better than ali's.
Speed is not power. Foreman was very slow, but he hit extremely hard, same with Shavers and Lyle. IMO Holmes had a better jab than Ali. Larry had a great right uppercut and sort of a mix of an overhand right and a right cross. Larry's jab was nearly as fast as Ali's, but it was more powerful and had more snap. Larry KO'd a guy with a jab early in his career. He also knocked Ocasio down with one.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Some really quick guys are able to hit you without you knowing it, thus turning speed into power due to the fact that what you don't see becomes a lot more powerful in the ring.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Some really quick guys are able to hit you without you knowing it, thus turning speed into power due to the fact that what you don't see becomes a lot more powerful in the ring.
But, it doesn't make the punch more powerful.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tysonjones said:
Actually bill, velocity does equal force.

Then why aren't Ali, Holmes, Whitaker, and Pep the hardest hitters? And guys like Shavers, Foreman, and Cooney are, who were all rather slow.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Bill, your taking it to an extreme. IM simly saying speed can generate power. IM not saying the fastest guys out there will hit the hardest. IM just saying naturally, ali, whitaker, mayweather, jones, arent as powerful as guys like tyson, cotto, marciano. But because of the snap and velocity they have behind their punches, it does generate power. Im just saying, velocity equals power. ALi does have ko's, so does whitaker, so does jonse, so does holmes, so does mayweather. Do they hit home runs? no, but they hit you with punches you dont see and although they dont pack alot of natural born power, they do pack alot of force, and force is what causes a persons brain to disfunction.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tysonjones said:
Bill, your taking it to an extreme. IM simly saying speed can generate power. IM not saying the fastest guys out there will hit the hardest. IM just saying naturally, ali, whitaker, mayweather, jones, arent as powerful as guys like tyson, cotto, marciano. But because of the snap and velocity they have behind their punches, it does generate power. Im just saying, velocity equals power. ALi does have ko's, so does whitaker, so does jonse, so does holmes, so does mayweather. Do they hit home runs? no, but they hit you with punches you dont see and although they dont pack alot of natural born power, they do pack alot of force, and force is what causes a persons brain to disfunction.

Yeah I know force is what causes the KO's, but the speed and snap will make the punches sting and be longer lasting pain and cut you up, but the big power hitters are 90% of the time, kind of slow.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
isnt it great being able to argue and not get all pissed off at each other. I do , great points bill, and glad you agree shane.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TysonJones said:
isnt it great being able to argue and not get all pissed off at each other. I do , great points bill, and glad you agree shane.
Yeah, on other forums someone would have lured me into a cursing fight by now.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TysonJones said:
**** *** you ****** ******* and ****** ***** ***** *** **** ok!!! hahahahahahaha, stay strong bill.
:laugh: ...

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TysonJones said:
hey bill, hwo do i get a pic in my signature like you have with holmes.

I just did the typical pic thing.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts