Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 30.0%
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Honestly, Roy Jones is my fav fighter of all time as you all know but i dont really consider him a current fighter because he's past it, So I choose Floyd Mayweather because he's simply the best in the world and I enjoy watching him fight. I like everything about him, me and him are very similar.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Honestly, Roy Jones is my fav fighter of all time as you all know but i dont really consider him a current fighter because he's past it, So I choose Floyd Mayweather because he's simply the best in the world and I enjoy watching him fight. I like everything about him, me and him are very similar.
how are you and him similar? Because im going to doubt that you are. Are you a black man? Are you P4P best fighter in the world? Are you a millionaire? Is your dad Floyd mayweather Sr? (he's crazy as ****)

im not making fun you, more of a joking kind of thing.

-melty

·
Registered
424 Posts
I choose Pavlik. I really like him. He's not the best, but he's hard working and has a very exciting style. He most times he does what boxers are supposed to do and win Convincingly. I HATE decisions because if its a close fight i never feel like a fighter really "won". A fighter is supposed to leave no doubt in anybodies mind that he is clearly the better man, and most times that means Ko, or embarrassing loss(Barrera v Hamed) Like Pavlik v. Taylor, I cant stand anybody saying that Pavlik is the better man after watching that fight. I guess Pavlik out worked him in a few rounds, but he didn't prove to be a better man. I dunno. I hate decisions.

-Melty

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
oh ok, my bad. Mormeck? really? just curious but why?
I like his style and the fact that his fights always turns the tydes both ways. And well, if theres no knockdown the fighters get hurt at elast one time.. He goes for action, hes got power, and his chin is very suspect, I love it.

But I'd saty pacquiao too, hes exciting and has more quality, the only problem is hes not someone I picture going down.. I mean when he fights I see 3 scenarios, he wins by KO or decision, or loses by decision.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He has 2 ko losses in his career but one was a horrible low blow that wasnt acknoledge and the other was a shoulder to chin. He got worked over in those fights because of the stupid ass ref. I agree. but pacquaio is probabley my 2nd or 3rd favorite fighter right now. Definetly in my top 10 all time.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I wanted to vote for Cotto or Wlad but in the end i went with Mikkel Kessler and voted for other.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I picked Cotto. I'm a big fan of his fighting style

·
Registered
661 Posts
The man in my avatar seeing as he's the only fighter I actually feel like I have some attachment to. Have been following him since he was an amateur and will hopefully see him win a world title some day.

If you're talking about current elite fighters though I'd have to say Calzaghe.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I don't really have a favorite right now. Actually haven't really followed to many boxers since Chavez and Duran. These days more into just watching great fights. MAB v Morales, Castillo v Corrales, Marquez v Vasquez. Loves fighters that go toe 2 toe!!!

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
james toney is my favorite fighter. mainly because he takes on ALL comers, and will absolutely fight anybody. if the basturd would eat and train properly he'd get the respect he deserves, but james is his own worst enemy. his defensive skills are second to none being he generally sits right in front of his opponent the whole fight and for the most part and barely gets hit with flush shots. i'm big on boxers, which is why i appreciate the defensive skill set more than the average fan.

if toney had the work ethic of a pbf i honestly believe he'd clown all the big boys!:cheeky4:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Palik cause I'm real big into working class heroes. It was real close between him and Hatton though. I honestly don't know why I chose one over the other cause it's a dead heat.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts