Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who Is Your Favorite Active Boxer?

3K views 78 replies 39 participants last post by  SugarShane 
#1 ·
I'd like to know everyone's favorite active boxer, and please only list one. Also please do not bash the boxers that members list. I'd like for this thread to stay positive. Please tell us why you like the boxer you pick, and what you expect from him in the future. Thanks guys...

-Shane

#10 ·
I know I'm gonna get stick for this but....

Ricky the hitman Hatton, as you lot didn't know :p

Why?
He's a local lad done good, he's very entertaining imo both in the ring and in interviews. Despite all his fame and success he's still just Ricky from Hyde and always will be.
He still drinks round here and is overall just a decent bloke.

G
#11 ·
its a tough question, Bhop get its though, but Ricky was close.

I just the fact at 43 Bhop can go out there and put the masterclass on that he did against Pavlik. Hes not always the most exciting in ring fighter but imo is by far and away the smartest.

I wanna see him in a rematch with Calzaghe,(if joe has the bottle) and then once he beats him he should retire. That loss to Cal still irks me though

#28 ·
Calzaghe doesn't do rematches and never will it's him and his dad's policy, nothing will change at this late stage.
Also Calzaghe hates Hopkins so doesn't want to give him the payday.

Calzaghe should retire now though, he has nothing left to prove.
Except Mario Veit.
Boxing is the greatest sport and i have tremendous respect for all the fighters but at this stage i am very interested in the lightweight / welter division with Ricky Hatton, Pacman on nr 2 and 3 but i am intrigued with the life and performance and style of Antonio Margarito on number 1. Floyd is retired no ?:)
Welcome to the forum man:thumbsup:.

#19 ·
Boxing is the greatest sport and i have tremendous respect for all the fighters but at this stage i am very interested in the lightweight / welter division with Ricky Hatton, Pacman on nr 2 and 3 but i am intrigued with the life and performance and style of Antonio Margarito on number 1. Floyd is retired no ?:)

#21 ·
He's back in '09, it's a sure thing.

#22 ·
Mikkel Kessler, been following his career since he was very young and he is the only great boxer from my country (semi im half danish).

Juan Duaz and Israel Vazques come in next. I wont name Holyfield altho hes my all time favorite he doesnt count as active in my book.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.