Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There have been a lot of capable actors who've portraid pugilists in the movies ,I would like to read coments on who and why you think gave the best remdition, here a list of some suggestions
JON VOIGHT
DENZEL WASHINGTON
DANIEL DAY LEWIS
SILVESTER STALLONE
ROBERT DENIRO
VING RAMES
WESTLY SNIPES
KIRK DOUGLASS
ANTONIO TARVER :laugh:
CARL WEATHERS
PAUL NEWMAN
RUSSEL CROWE
WILL SMITH
and althoug he didn't exactly played a boxer I feel he deserves an honorable mention : BURGUES MEREDITH aka MICKEY from ROCKY......

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My favorite barn none, from beginning to end the great ROBERT DENIRO a masterpiece of a performance not only did he played a boxer but he portraid the life of a very flawed athlete. Took the oscar

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
my favorite scene involving boxing is just a scene where they talk about it. That's right, the barbershop scene in "Coming to America!" If you have seen anything funnier than that you gotta let me know

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my favorite scene involving boxing is just a scene where they talk about it. That's right, the barbershop scene in "Coming to America!" If you have seen anything funnier than that you gotta let me know
Did you ever catch the MARTIN episode where he goes up against TOMMY HEARNS now that **** was funny.:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Carl Weathers actualy had some sick skills and speed as Apollo, id say Will Smith though.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ving Rames, mad dog champ Chambers portrait could'of easely been Mike Tyson except for the voice..:laugh: I did'nt even noticed Westley Snipes till the end of the movie..

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Carl Weathers actualy had some sick skills and speed as Apollo, id say Will Smith though.
they said that even Joe Frazier was impress with carl Weathers physique, they gave a screen test to Ernie Shavers for the part, but Mr Shavers seemed incapable of pulling his punches and damm near killed Stallone during the shoot..he had to go :laugh:

1 - 20 of 122 Posts