Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who should it be?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pick Haye's Opponent

Who would you like to see him make his real heavyweight debut against?

I'd prefer Maskaev or Virchis. Monte Barrett would be a good choice as well. He deserves a chance to spoil it for Haye since he got rid of Tye Fields for the good of all mankind.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

I'd prefer Maskaev or Virchis. Monte Barrett would be a good choice as well. He deserves a chance to spoil it for Haye since he got rid of Tye Fields for the good of all mankind.
Putting Toney into retirement would make me very happy. So I'll say him :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Barrett? The guys a joke. I'm gonna go ahead and say put him in there with the best and let him fend for himself. I think he will be just fine.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Putting Toney into retirement would make me very happy. So I'll say him :thumbsup:
I hadn't thought of Toney-Haye. I'd love to see Haye KO Toney and make a statment to the heavyweight division that if you don't train, you will get KO'd. I have a huge problem with boxers who don't sport a 6 pack. :laugh:

G

·
Looks like he's fighting the winner of Toney-Rahman. If it's Rahman he could get of to a start with a KO. If it's Toney he wins a UD.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I've heard reports that it will indeed be Monte Barrett. But who knows when it comes to negotiations.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'll fix it for you, Nate.

I want to see Haye-Toney for reasons I've stated prior. I want to see how Haye reacts against a guy that he can't just overwhelm and stop in 3 rounds. Against Toney he will have to fight a complete fight and we will be able to see just how solid he is fundamentally.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'd like to see Arreola in shape. I think he could be a force to be reckoned with if he was in top shape.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Ha, it's all good. I'll remember that for next time.
haha its all good man.

I'll fix it for you, Nate.

I want to see Haye-Toney for reasons I've stated prior. I want to see how Haye reacts against a guy that he can't just overwhelm and stop in 3 rounds. Against Toney he will have to fight a complete fight and we will be able to see just how solid he is fundamentally.
Good work. Talks of haye vs rahman have been in the works for awhile. Looks like toney is fighting rahman though, I wouldnt mind seeing him whoop up on areollo.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Anyone thinks that Haye is ready for the raw power of peter? I don't...also because the fact that Peter has pretty good handspeed for a heavyweight...also a killer bolo punch :laugh:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hope Haye can stir thing up in the "suckiest division in boxing" as he called it in the post-fight interview after knocking out Maccarinelli, but I don't think he's the next Evander Holyfield by any means.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts