Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Floyd Mayweather

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a similar thread to this, but it's dated. I was interesting seeing everyone disagreeing on who he should fight next.

Paul Williams- The WBO welterweight champion that gave Margarito his last loss last summer. He is #3 welter according to The Ring and has lost his title to Quintana by unanimous decision and regained it in a spectacular one round knockout.

Shane Mosley- The #2 ranked welterweight by The Ring when Margarito fought Cotto (Cotto probably moves to #2). He is fighting Mayorga in the fall and has been mentioned as a possible opponent. This to me is the most interesting fight and the one I would most like to see go down.

Joshua Clottey- Has come back from his loss to Margarito to win 4 straight and is ranked #7 by The Ring. He's also been mentioned as a possible opponent, but we'll know more when he fights Saturday.

Zab Judah- Never seems to fall off, he's too good against good opponents, but doesnt show it for long against great ones. He is ranked #6 by The Ring and has also been mentioned as a possible next opponent, we'll know more after this Saturday. IMO this is the easiest fight for Margarito, so if Judah can get by Clottey, he should stay far, far away.

Andre Berto- The WBC welterweight champion and ranked #10 by The Ring. IMO he isnt ready and might never be ready, a fight against Margarito would ruin him at this point.

Floyd Mayweather- Margarito has been calling him out since Floyd became a welter, AM called him out yet would get no response, Hatton called him out and the fight was made. Antonio would get gangrene from the ring rust if he opt to wait for him.

Oscar De La Hoya- One of the biggest money makers there has ever been in any sport. He's looking for his last opponent before retiring, though I dont think it would be Margarito and it's not up to him.

Miguel Cotto- A rematch would be great and would make them even more money than the first one, but Cotto wont be ready by this year or maybe even by early next year which is when Margarito wants to have his next fight.

I think he should fight all of these at some point, but who do you think he should fight next.

·
Beautiful Man
3,552 Posts
Margarito vs. Hatton definetly
i`m not sure about floyd. retired money floyd could not be that motivitated,eccept of money.
to me a rematch against cotto would be the best,and cotto shows what cotto is.one of the 3 best in the world

·
Registered
735 Posts
I went with Cotto. Its probably not his best choice but you know I wanna see Cotto try and get his revenge. Heck, two more rounds of good boxing and he would've won the fight. He wasn't careful enough in the early rounds, that determined a lot.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
i`m not sure about floyd. retired money floyd could not be that motivitated,eccept of money.
to me a rematch against cotto would be the best,and cotto shows what cotto is.one of the 3 best in the world
I love to see Margarito massacre Hatton and send him out on stretcher. Lets see it

·
Beautiful Man
3,552 Posts
hehe Demise maybe we will see it once,the fight.
the ending you predict is brave ;)

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hatton?:laugh: Man, do you want to witness a massacre? That would be a destruction that would ruin the guy enough for him to be afraid to be even close to a ring.
I went with Cotto. Its probably not his best choice but you know I wanna see Cotto try and get his revenge. Heck, two more rounds of good boxing and he would've won the fight. He wasn't careful enough in the early rounds, that determined a lot.
He would get ruined if he fought him in the next fight, Cotto had a problem taking Margarito's body shots and that combined with the pressure and what happened in the first fight, would make him exhausted even sooner unless he adds wrinkles to his fight game. He needs time to rest and to gain his strong self confidence back.
I love to see Margarito massacre Hatton and send him out on stretcher. Lets see it
hehe Demise maybe we will see it once,the fight.
the ending you predict is brave ;)
Haha, hes right Hendrix, Margarito is entirely too big, too strong and is THE WORST style matchup for Hatton, he would get demolished.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
He deserves an easy title defense to star stacking up his bank account, with a lower ranked fighter, then get paid against that prima donna DLH, but I dout it 'll happen DLH doesn't have the balls...

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The Williams rematch

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
He deserves an easy title defense to star stacking up his bank account, with a lower ranked fighter, then get paid against that prima donna DLH, but I dout it 'll happen DLH doesn't have the balls...
The only one mentioned, besides cotto, that would have the cajonnes to get in the ring with Tony Margarito is Shane Mosely

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't want to see Margarito fight anyone other than Mosley. I'll be taking Mosley by wide UD.
But Mosley has a fight set up. I don't think Margarito would sit out that long, waiting. So Williams should be it

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Floyd Mayweather- Margarito has been calling him out since Floyd became a welter, AM called him out yet would get no response, Hatton called him out and the fight was made. Antonio would get gangrene from the ring rust if he opt to wait for him.
Floyd fears Margarito we all know dat

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But Mosley has a fight set up. I don't think Margarito would sit out that long, waiting. So Williams should be it
Margy wants to fight before the end of this year and even though I don't see Mosley getting hit alot in the beatdown he will give Mayorga, but I dont see him being free til February, their still would be a slight shot at January. I really want to see a Mosley fight, I don't see a wide ud like Shane, I want to see how Mosley fights him. I think Margarito can beat and maybe stop Williams so bring him on and the Clottey-Judah winner would be ready to fight before the year is over, unless that becomes an unexpected war.

What's great about Margarito is that everyone is an option and anyone can get it.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Floyd fears Margarito we all know dat
Who gives a fukk about him? He's retired. I don't understand why people keep bringing his name up? Lets just forget about him

·
Registered
326 Posts
Who gives a fukk about him? He's retired. I don't understand why people keep bringing his name up? Lets just forget about him
retired my ass
ducktired is the word

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts