Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And why is he holding a Light Heavyweight WORLD title for 4.75 years without leaving Germany? I was wondering who had the damn WBO belt. This guy needs to step up and fight in the US against someone we know over here. Danny Santiago is the only guy I've seen fight on his resume. Tarver knocked that bum out in 4 end of last year. Almost sounds like another Joe Calzaghe in the making at this rate...WBO title and everything.

This is unacceptable. I hate having all these world titles...once one creeps away to a foreign country (usually when it gets vacated) it's like we completely lose track of what happened to it. Hopefully the WBC belt (which Dawson had to vacate in order to fight Tarver) won't drift far and he can reclaim it.

[rant]
My personal opinion is that all original 8 weight divisions should work harder towards unifications. The additions of these junior and super titles I never really approved of. Being a 3 division champ back in the day was way more significant than a lot of these guys getting 4-5 world titles now. It still bothers me even now that Oscar has 6. 50 years later some kid is going to look at that and think he must be the greatest. Oscar was a Middleweight Champion my ass...
[/rant]

Thanks for reading my rant. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He's a B- level guy at best. You haven't missed anything in not watching him 'fight.' I'd like to see the weight divisions stay the same but with only ONE, only motherfukkin ONE belt.

·
Registered
168 Posts
He's a B- level guy at best. You haven't missed anything in not watching him 'fight.' I'd like to see the weight divisions stay the same but with only ONE, only motherfukkin ONE belt.
Well, that's what the Ring has been trying to do. Maybe we should all just start ignoring the other belts, since their rules and regulations are retarded and bad for the sport.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zsolt Erdei must be one of those examples they kept bringing up during the Klitschko/Peter fight about judges protecting their home fighters over in Germany.. while I agree about the unifications or atleast having one main belt, that's significant over all the others, I can't say he needs to come to the US, I just don't see how boxing here is any less corrupt or the judging is any better, what's wrong with being the next Joe Calzaghe? he's going to clean sweep all these old men we've been watching rematch each other for the last decade

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Zsolt Erdei must be one of those examples they kept bringing up during the Klitschko/Peter fight about judges protecting their home fighters over in Germany.. while I agree about the unifications or atleast having one main belt, that's significant over all the others, I can't say he needs to come to the US, I just don't see how boxing here is any less corrupt or the judging is any better, what's wrong with being the next Joe Calzaghe? he's going to clean sweep all these old men we've been watching rematch each other for the last decade
EVERYTHING is wrong with it. Holding a world title fighting bums year after year then finally picking a name guy after he's washed up (like Lacy after his shoulder was shot) is NOT respectable. He wants to prove he's a real champion he'll beat someone with a name who is STILL good. This guy most likely couldn't even handle Tarver right now, but 2 years from now who knows...

As for fighting over here, we could of gave the Bernard vs Calzaghe fight to Bernard, not many people on the forums would have complained. We could have gave Collazo vs Hatton to Collazo too, and no one would have complained. We don't cheat European fighters. Even our last great Heavyweight Champion was an Eueopean fighter. Fighting in the states is where you get recognition, he needs to bring his ass over here and do so before certain people get too old.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I couldn't care less about 97% of all European fighters.
And im sure they couldnt care less about you. Zsolt is doing it like this cause he doesnt need to come to America, hes making alot of money in Germany where he can beat mandatorys that dont pose alot of threat and keep his title aswell. People dont realise how much money actually fighters make in Europe, theres a reason American fighters dont leave America thats because in France they would not make as much money as in america but a france WBO jr.LW champ would make more in France than in America (if hes facing a lesser opponent ofc) since the gate revenue and a national television deal will make him much more money than to come to America and face somone there.(Remember im talking about if hes facing a lesser opponent)

And you guys better get used to it because thats just the way it is. Your gonna see alot of titles just staying in Europe since they wont come to America.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And im sure they couldnt care less about you. Zsolt is doing it like this cause he doesnt need to come to America, hes making alot of money in Germany where he can beat mandatorys that dont pose alot of threat and keep his title aswell. People dont realise how much money actually fighters make in Europe, theres a reason American fighters dont leave America thats because in France they would not make as much money as in america but a france WBO jr.LW champ would make more in France than in America (if hes facing a lesser opponent ofc) since the gate revenue and a national television deal will make him much more money than to come to America and face somone there.(Remember im talking about if hes facing a lesser opponent)

And you guys better get used to it because thats just the way it is. Your gonna see alot of titles just staying in Europe since they wont come to America.
Then we're just going to have to stop recognizing these titles. If they want to fight bums by all means stay in their country and do it. If the want to step up to the majors, they need to come where the action is. Their purse will be increased simply because it's the biggest fight they've ever had. And finally, it's just bad manners to hold a title hostage for that many years without defending it against anyone of significance. There is no honor in doing that. When American fighters don't want to defend against the best out there guess what? They vacate the belt. That's how it's supposed to be done.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
There is no honor in boxing anymore dude! your a fan of Floyd Mayweather you of all should know that, its all about the MONEY!! And there will be more fans that show up in Germany or whatever if the guy in the main event holds one of the four titles, more fans more MONEY!

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is no honor in boxing anymore dude! your a fan of Floyd Mayweather you of all should know that, its all about the MONEY!! And there will be more fans that show up in Germany or whatever if the guy in the main event holds one of the four titles, more fans more MONEY!
Other than acknowledging he's the best and enjoying watching every fight he has, I wouldn't call myself a Mayweather fan.

That aside, Mayweather never held on to a title he wasn't going to defend, he'd vacate it. He doesn't need a belt to make money, his name makes money. How did his name get to make money? He beat other guys with NAMES. If homeboy wants to see some serious coin and thinks he's not just another bum with a belt, he'll fight marquee guys to get his rep up.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Great post Brutus :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Then we're just going to have to stop recognizing these titles. If they want to fight bums by all means stay in their country and do it. If the want to step up to the majors, they need to come where the action is. Their purse will be increased simply because it's the biggest fight they've ever had. And finally, it's just bad manners to hold a title hostage for that many years without defending it against anyone of significance. There is no honor in doing that. When American fighters don't want to defend against the best out there guess what? They vacate the belt. That's how it's supposed to be done.
No need to argue with Brutus, look at his pic, he's a supporter of the " I get scared to fight in America" Europeans :D

:cheeky4: Brutus

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well my fighter has actually beat much better fighters than that guy in your sig and doesnt get gassed after 4 rounds of fighting and constantly throws the "hard time cutting weight card" each time he get knocked out.

Kessler is then times the fighter Miranda is. And i mean 10x better. Miranda sux plain and simple and im getting frustrated that he constantly gets brought up when somone mentiones Kessler. THE GUY FOUGHT JOE CALZAGHE INFRONT OF 50.000 BRITISH JOE CALZAGHE FANS AND MUNDINE IN AUSTRALIA, does not sound like hes afraid to fight anywhere imo, he gained much more by fighting for the WBA title than fighting a no good bum :)

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Well my fighter has actually beat much better fighters than that guy in your sig and doesnt get gassed after 4 rounds of fighting and constantly throws the "hard time cutting weight card" each time he get knocked out.

Kessler is then times the fighter Miranda is. And i mean 10x better. Miranda sux plain and simple and im getting frustrated that he constantly gets brought up when somone mentiones Miranda. THE GUY FOUGHT JOE CALZAGHE INFRONT OF 50.000 ENGLISH JOE CALZAGHE FANS AND MUNDINE IN AUSTRALIA, does not sound like hes afraid to fight anywhere imo, he gained much more by fighting for the WBA title than fighting a no good bum :)
No mate, not all ENGLISH :laugh::laugh::thumbsup:.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
LMAO!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: You're acting as if all American fighters do everything by the book.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LMAO!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: You're acting as if all American fighters do everything by the book.
No, I'm acting like they do this particular thing by the book. We find top contenders for our champions to fight. And if they aren't over here we import a foreigner. I'm not seeing this in Europe, not at all. They even make foreign champions have to come there just to defend their own titles, it's absurd.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Zsolt Erdei isnt a bad fighter, but he has nobody in his resumee.

The reason he doesnt leave germany is because he doesnt need to, the money right there is good, its not huge, but its way better than the average a titleholder gets in america. Just look at Klitschko's fight with Povetkin, K2 promotions won a pursebid of 13+ million. Meaning Povetkin himself will make at least 3 million.

The problem is no that the guys arent fighting in america, the real problem is they're not fighting anybody.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Usually when that happens is when the company hosting the event is based out of a certain country. Then the promoting compnay wins the bid and all that, or atleast that how i think it works :p Correct me if im wrong :p

1 - 20 of 38 Posts