Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who was ahead going into the 12th?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Mayorga 6-5. One thing that sticks out to me is. This is the record for the latest knockout in a fight. And it occurs on the same night that espn classic airs a documentary on Julio Cesar Chavez who's defining moment was knocking out Meldrick Taylor with 2 seconds left, the 2nd latest knockout ever now. Pretty Ironic.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Shane Mosley was ahead going into the 12th and final round. Live I had it about 8-3 Mosley. When I rewatched today I had it 7-4. There were plenty of close rounds, but I thought Mosley edged enough of them.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Mayorga 6-5. One thing that sticks out to me is. This is the record for the latest knockout in a fight. And it occurs on the same night that espn classic airs a documentary on Julio Cesar Chavez who's defining moment was knocking out Meldrick Taylor with 2 seconds left, the 2nd latest knockout ever now. Pretty Ironic.
Wow that's weird :laugh:.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I had Mayorga ahead 6-5. But it doesnt matter since the judges had Mosley winning.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I had Mayorga ahead 6-5. But it doesnt matter since the judges had Mosley winning.
One judge had mayorga winning. And had mayorga won the final round, it would of been a draw because another judge had it 6-5 mosley. None of this realy matters since mosley got the ko, but its good discussion.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Something just struck me. Why was this event called "Night of the Welterweight Elite"? The main event was a junior middleweight fight, and the other fight (Berto-Forbes), included a fighter who's barely fought at Welterweight before :laugh::laugh:.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I had Mosely winning 7-4 going into the 12, had it gone the distance I would have had Mosely winning 8-4.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
One thing that sticks out to me is. This is the record for the latest knockout in a fight. And it occurs on the same night that espn classic airs a documentary on Julio Cesar Chavez who's defining moment was knocking out Meldrick Taylor with 2 seconds left, the 2nd latest knockout ever now. Pretty Ironic.
That's odd/ironic...

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
Ricardo Mayorga 105
Shane Mosley 104

Thats what i had on fightjudge, The first KD on its own was enough to win the fight for Mosley, Mayorga did very well though

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
I didn't score the fight, but I beleived that Mosley was up in a close fight. HBO had some ridiculous scores on their cards. I think they had Mayorga winning only two rounds.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I only gave Mayorga 2 rounds. To me Mosley was easily ahead

G

·
i dont see how so many had mosely so far ahead. i go with lance but i had mayorga 2 up going into the last. Mosely didnt look good at all, 6th round apart.But then thats boxing....

1 - 20 of 43 Posts