Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
LOL yeah they must explain themselves satisfactorily otherwise they should just shut their trap on anything related to boxing. :cop:
You are a joke.

No matter outcome, the fact that this fight happened is pittyful and disgraceful for boxing. That, rather then take on the top competitors from there own weight classes, this fight was made. A novelty fight. a freak fight. a "lets take our best small guy and put him against a shot heavy guy...wont that be funny" fight. This fight has just as much merit as a "Mayweather/Valuev" card.

Don't kid yourself, this was the safe fight for both fighters. they both won. the only reason it was made was for money, and they knew they could convince people to buy it. if they relly wanted to take on the hardest fight they could, Pac would have fought Marquez and De la Hoya would have taken Margy. But that didn't happen.

And dont pretend like Manny just did the impossible, and beat an ATG in a career defining fight. He just beat up an old, shot fighter. from the opening bell De La Hoya was a shot fighter. He didnt move, he didnt punch, he just sat there and soaked it up.

Fights like this one is why boxng s in a constant stand still. It worse than our American justice system. dont forget, fights like this dont just slow the careers of the 2 fighters themselves, but all the fighters in boxing. Everyfighter waiting to get a shot t the best fighters of there division now have to wait, because the best ighter in there division is going out and fighting freak show fights.

If you were cheering in the 7th when DLH was up against the ropes, receiving the worst beating of his career, you should be ashamed. That was a once great fighter who CONSISTANTLY fought the best, in their primes, and delivered amazingly exciting fights. If watching him, get pounded by the younger better fighter made you happy, you obviously don't give a damn about the legacy of boxing. Watching one of its best fighters be embarrassed like that is embarrassing for all of us. he was old, useless, and completely overwhelmed. and where it may be fun to see a fighter like a Mayorga or a Tarver get beaten up like that, dlh has donated millions, made a promotion company that has greatly served the careers of boxers, and has generally been very respectful to everyone (the fact that he hangs out with 2 former rivals, Mosley and B-hop, should be evidence of that)

Oh, Supermanny, before you label me as a "hater of Pacman" or say that i am "blinded for my love of De la hoya" like you do to every poster that dissagree's with you, For the record i was rooting for Pacman to pull the upset, nor is DLH my favorite fighter. Oh, and i was never one of those guys that said they were going to boycott it. but i completely agree that it should have not taken place at all.

-Ian

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL at these boycotters making a complete 360-degree turn from their main reason to boycott. :laugh:

Wasn't it just two days ago that you boycotteers refused to watch the fight because it was a MISMATCH in favor of DLH? Also, didnt you support the abominable DLH-Floyd fight? How come if its Pac, its boycottable, if it's Floyd, it's OK? YOur double standards are downright despicable! :facepalm:

Secondly, Pac didnt achieve something great with the win? Wow, just wow. Will you haters never stop hating? LOL even if Pac KOs Floyd and Hopkins back-to-back in 09 you will never give him his props. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
424 Posts
LOL at these boycotters making a complete 360-degree turn from their main reason to boycott. :laugh:

Wasn't it just two days ago that you boycotteers refused to watch the fight because it was a MISMATCH in favor of DLH? Also, didnt you support the abominable DLH-Floyd fight? How come if its Pac, its boycottable, if it's Floyd, it's OK? YOur double standards are downright despicable! :facepalm:

Secondly, Pac didnt achieve something great with the win? Wow, just wow. Will you haters never stop hating? LOL even if Pac KOs Floyd and Hopkins back-to-back in 09 you will never give him his props. :thumbsdown:
Did you read any of my post? No.

Please prove your points. Tell me where I made "a complete 360-degree turn from their main reason to boycott."

Further more, NEVER in my argument did i make the statement that the fight was a mismatch in favor of DLH, Nor did I at any point argue that the reason it should have been boycotted for reasons of it being a mismatch at all. Also, i never said i supported the Floyd/DLH fight. But please, explain to me why the Floyd/DLH fight was an, as you put it, abomination.

Stop making gross understatements and dodging the questions at hand. Be a man and support your position rather then just say "You haters never learn" and adding "facepalm" smilies to your posts. SMILIES WILL NOT PROVE YOUR POINT FOR YOU.

Question, did DLH, at ANYTIME, in the DLH/Pacman fight not look like a shot, old, slow, and weak fighter?

If you agree with me that DLH looked all those things at the opening bell, then how do you expect me to give Pacman HUGE props for beating a fighter in that condition? Plus i never said that beating DLH was not worth anything, i was saying that, since DLH looked SOOO poor in that fight, it is ludicrous to say it was a career defining moment.

You did not challenge me on what i said about this both being a safe fight for the 2 fighters or that fights like this cause a standstill in the movement of bxing as a sport. So, seeing how you didn't not disagree with those point, I'll assume that you agree. If you don't please show me EVIDENCE where i am wrong.

Really, grow up. Show me where my "double standards are downright despicable!" show me my double standards. Really, if you can not, shut up, go home, arguments over, I win.

-Ian

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you read any of my post? No.

Please prove your points. Tell me where I made "a complete 360-degree turn from their main reason to boycott."

Further more, NEVER in my argument did i make the statement that the fight was a mismatch in favor of DLH, Nor did I at any point argue that the reason it should have been boycotted for reasons of it being a mismatch at all. Also, i never said i supported the Floyd/DLH fight. But please, explain to me why the Floyd/DLH fight was an, as you put it, abomination.

Stop making gross understatements and dodging the questions at hand. Be a man and support your position rather then just say "You haters never learn" and adding "facepalm" smilies to your posts. SMILIES WILL NOT PROVE YOUR POINT FOR YOU.

Question, did DLH, at ANYTIME, in the DLH/Pacman fight not look like a shot, old, slow, and weak fighter?

If you agree with me that DLH looked all those things at the opening bell, then how do you expect me to give Pacman HUGE props for beating a fighter in that condition? Plus i never said that beating DLH was not worth anything, i was saying that, since DLH looked SOOO poor in that fight, it is ludicrous to say it was a career defining moment.

Really, grow up. Show me where my "double standards are downright despicable!" show me my double standards. Really, if you can not, shut up, go home, arguements over, I win.

-Ian
How the fukk would anyone boycott the fight is literally beyond me. But is sure is telling about where the boycotteer is coming from. A gnashing and hate-filled place.

You think a huge weight advantage means nothing? Then why the hell do we have weight divisions? Man, you're unnecessarily throwing your logic out of the window there.

Why isn't the Floyd-DLH fight despicable? Did you see any effective punches landing cleanly? Didnt people get out of their seats in disgust at the non-eventfulness of the fight? WHY ON EARTH DO YOU THINK THAT THE FLOYD-DLH FIGHT IS BETTER THAN PAC-DLH FIGHT? WHY?

LOL Oscar LOOKED old because he was in there with a killer. Put in an average fighter in there and DLH would've rose to the occasion. But he wasnt, he was facing the best fighter he ever faced. That's why he looked old. You are just one pissed-off hateful detractor who needs to get a life. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
424 Posts
How the fukk would anyone boycott the fight is literally beyond me. But is sure is telling about where the boycotteer is coming from. A gnashing and hate-filled place.

You think a huge weight advantage means nothing? Then why the hell do we have weight divisions? Man, you're unnecessarily throwing your logic out of the window there.

Why isn't the Floyd-DLH fight despicable? Did you see any effective punches landing cleanly? Didnt people get out of their seats in disgust at the non-eventfulness of the fight? WHY ON EARTH DO YOU THINK THAT THE FLOYD-DLH FIGHT IS BETTER THAN PAC-DLH FIGHT? WHY?

LOL Oscar LOOKED old because he was in there with a killer. Put in an average fighter in there and DLH would've rose to the occasion. But he wasnt, he was facing the best fighter he ever faced. That's why he looked old. You are just one pissed-off hateful detractor who needs to get a life. :thumbsdown:
This is amazing. i dont know where to begin.

first, you said "You think a huge weight advantage means nothing?". it was WELL documented that Pacman was heavier both at the weigh-in and the night of the fight. So, good job Supermanny, you got me there didn't you?

Normally, I'd agree with you, at least to effect that a fighter can effect how another fighter looks. A great fighter on a perfect night can make another great fighter look average (see Hopkins/Pavlik) BUT this is NOT the case for DLH/PAC. If pacman was in there, from the get go plastering DLH, keeping him on the defensive, then i would have understood DLH's MAJOR lack of punching. BUT, for at least the first 3 rounds, pacman was NOT doing that. He was bobbing on his toes, and generally being conservative by pacman standards. DLH had PLENTY of opportunities to pump his jab, throw a right hand, to do anything. BUT HE DIDNT. He stood there, occasionally pawing with his jab, and stood there some more. once Pacman realized this, he jumped in and destroyed DLH.

So if your arguing that DLH is a GREAT fighter, that is not completely shot, how do you explain DLH having no answers for anything, making NO in fight adjustments, not throwing punches, no head movement, no defense, a very slow reaction time, slow feet, slow hands, putting on a completely lackluster performance, and quitting rather easily on his stool. Last time i check, great fighters do NON of the above. And if you agree that great fighters don't do that, you you would agree that on that night DLH was not a good fighter. and if you agree that DLH was not a good fighter HOW DO YOU GIVE MANNY SOOO MUCH CREDIT FOR BEATING AN AVERAGE FIGHTER? Ill give you that an opponent can effect how you fight, but only to a certain extent.

Oh and don't call me a "pissed-off hateful detractor who needs to get a life". Next time you insult my logic don't use a logical fallacy in your arguement(Google ad hominem). Insulting me isn't going to prove your point. In fact ill be greatly surprised if you could prove your point in the first place.

-Ian

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is amazing. i dont know where to begin.

first, you said "You think a huge weight advantage means nothing?". it was WELL documented that Pacman was heavier both at the weigh-in and the night of the fight. So, good job Supermanny, you got me there didn't you?

Normally, I'd agree with you, at least to effect that a fighter can effect how another fighter looks. A great fighter on a perfect night can make another great fighter look average (see Hopkins/Pavlik) BUT this is NOT the case for DLH/PAC. If pacman was in there, from the get go plastering DLH, keeping him on the defensive, then i would have understood DLH's MAJOR lack of punching. BUT, for at least the first 3 rounds, pacman was NOT doing that. He was bobbing on his toes, and generally being conservative by pacman standards. DLH had PLENTY of opportunities to pump his jab, throw a right hand, to do anything. BUT HE DIDNT. He stood there, occasionally pawing with his jab, and stood there some more. once Pacman realized this, he jumped in and destroyed DLH.

So if your arguing that DLH is a GREAT fighter, that is not completely shot, how do you explain DLH having no answers for anything, making NO in fight adjustments, not throwing punches, no head movement, no defense, a very slow reaction time, slow feet, slow hands, putting on a completely lackluster performance, and quitting rather easily on his stool. Last time i check, great fighters do NON of the above. And if you agree that great fighters don't do that, you you would agree that on that night DLH was not a good fighter. and if you agree that DLH was not a good fighter HOW DO YOU GIVE MANNY SOOO MUCH CREDIT FOR BEATING AN AVERAGE FIGHTER? Ill give you that an opponent can effect how you fight, but only to a certain extent.

Oh and don't call me a "pissed-off hateful detractor who needs to get a life". Next time you insult my logic don't use a logical fallacy in your arguement(Google ad hominem). Insulting me isn't going to prove your point. In fact ill be greatly surprised if you could prove your point in the first place.

-Ian
What, so Pac is the heavier fighter now? LOL. Didnt you watch the fight? And FYI there is a controversy about DLH tampering with the scales.

Didnt it occur for you for a second that maybe, DLH was baffled with Pac's speed, and after tasting Pac's left he became tentative? Or that he was waiting to counter Pac? Of course it wont, because you've obviously been hating on Pac at the start of the fight and watching it with your anti-Pac glasses!

I give Pac credit for going through THREE WEIGHT DIVISIONS (one fight at 135 means nothing) and beating the man who had just beaten FMJ a year ago. But of course you wouldnt, as you have obviously been hating on him since day one. Also, weren't you one of the guys who wanted this fight scrapped because DLH was a much bigger fighter? Cant have your cake and eat it too, hater! :facepalm:

·
Registered
424 Posts
What, so Pac is the heavier fighter now? LOL. Didnt you watch the fight? And FYI there is a controversy about DLH tampering with the scales.

Didnt it occur for you for a second that maybe, DLH was baffled with Pac's speed, and after tasting Pac's left he became tentative? Or that he was waiting to counter Pac? Of course it wont, because you've obviously been hating on Pac at the start of the fight and watching it with your anti-Pac glasses!

I give Pac credit for going through THREE WEIGHT DIVISIONS (one fight at 135 means nothing) and beating the man who had just beaten FMJ a year ago. But of course you wouldnt, as you have obviously been hating on him since day one. Also, weren't you one of the guys who wanted this fight scrapped because DLH was a much bigger fighter? Cant have your cake and eat it too, hater! :facepalm:
This is getting embarrassing for you. you are not answering anything. your just rambling about me being biased, though have yet to prove that. which, as i have mentioned earlier, is far from the case anyway. im not sure how i can make this anymore clear for you. I WANTED PACMAN TO WIN. I WAS NOT ONE WHO SAID THIS FIGHT SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED. I WAS NOT WEARING ANTI-PACMAN GLASS, OR ANY GLASSES AT ALL.

You have yet to show any proof of anything. NOTHING. JUST RAMBLING.

"What, so Pac is the heavier fighter now?"
Do you know anything? The HBO scales, the night of the fight, had Pacman at 148.5 while DLH was only at 147 pounds. If you can do simple math...who am I kidding you can't, I'll do it for you. 148.5-147= 1.5. As you can see, DLH was 1.5 pounds lighter than Manny in the ring.

"...beating the man who had just beaten FMJ a year ago"
God this is getting amazing. Please, PLEASE don't tell me your this oblivious. Check his record, Floyd is undefeated, and his fight with DLH while being close, is hardly controversial.

DLH was baffled with Pac's speed, and after tasting Pac's left he became tentative?
Of course i thought of that, and if DLH hadn't faced fighters both as fast and more powerful than Manny at 147-154 i might agree with you.

Seeing how you did not dispute anything i said about DLH being shot (in that he was slow, gave up to easily, was slow, weak, made no adjustments, etc) and how that he was not a great fighter that night, i can only assume that you agree. and if your brain works well enough to follow the logic in my previous post, then you can see how you are wrong. DLH was a great fighter,but on the night manny faced him, he was an average fighter. And beating an average fighter, no matter what his name is, should not jolt you into the record books. This isn't close to Manny's best win.

Stop spinning circles and typing the same lame responses. All you have said is that I am biased, yet even if i was, you have yet to show me anything that would prove my "biased" view wrong. Plus you have almost no bases to call me biased, other than that i do not agree with you.

Go take a debate class kid, cause you just got your ass whooped.

-Ian

·
Registered
661 Posts
Meltdown summed up my feelings on the whole farce perfectly. I didn't watch the fight and I'm not going to watch it either. I said from the very beginning the only variable in this fights was the condition of Oscar De La Hoya. I'm not taking anything away from Pacman, he's a fantastic fighter, but beating a pathetic empty shell of a man proves absolutely nothing.

We're now in the very sad situation where arguably the two best pound for pound fighters, who are in the same weight division and have serious unfinished business aren't going to fight each other, which is almost as sad and pathetic as the entire "dream fight" farce.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Very true, Meltdown. The guy you're arguing with is probably not even out of grade school. But to your points, this fight was a sad fight for boxing up and down the card. The under card was a travesty, and DLH looked sick out there. When they announced that he had only gained 2 pounds from the weigh-in, I knew something was not right. DLH's metabolism was not right, because he should of come into the ring at at least 160 pounds. I'm not saying he wouldn't of still lost, but the DLH who fought Mayweather last year would have at least gone the distance. That said, you still have to give Manny his props for the win. I'd love to see a third fight with JMM, though this new, stronger Manny may very well knock him out. I think a Hatton-Pacquio fight is a waste, and I think Mayweather-Pacquio would suck too, only because of the fact that Mayweather is an expert on running and I don't think Manny could catch him cleanly. Cotto-Pacquio would be an outstanding fight.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
You are a joke.

No matter outcome, the fact that this fight happened is pittyful and disgraceful for boxing. That, rather then take on the top competitors from there own weight classes, this fight was made. A novelty fight. a freak fight. a "lets take our best small guy and put him against a shot heavy guy...wont that be funny" fight. This fight has just as much merit as a "Mayweather/Valuev" card.

Don't kid yourself, this was the safe fight for both fighters. they both won. the only reason it was made was for money, and they knew they could convince people to buy it. if they relly wanted to take on the hardest fight they could, Pac would have fought Marquez and De la Hoya would have taken Margy. But that didn't happen.

And dont pretend like Manny just did the impossible, and beat an ATG in a career defining fight. He just beat up an old, shot fighter. from the opening bell De La Hoya was a shot fighter. He didnt move, he didnt punch, he just sat there and soaked it up.

Fights like this one is why boxng s in a constant stand still. It worse than our American justice system. dont forget, fights like this dont just slow the careers of the 2 fighters themselves, but all the fighters in boxing. Everyfighter waiting to get a shot t the best fighters of there division now have to wait, because the best ighter in there division is going out and fighting freak show fights.

If you were cheering in the 7th when DLH was up against the ropes, receiving the worst beating of his career, you should be ashamed. That was a once great fighter who CONSISTANTLY fought the best, in their primes, and delivered amazingly exciting fights. If watching him, get pounded by the younger better fighter made you happy, you obviously don't give a damn about the legacy of boxing. Watching one of its best fighters be embarrassed like that is embarrassing for all of us. he was old, useless, and completely overwhelmed. and where it may be fun to see a fighter like a Mayorga or a Tarver get beaten up like that, dlh has donated millions, made a promotion company that has greatly served the careers of boxers, and has generally been very respectful to everyone (the fact that he hangs out with 2 former rivals, Mosley and B-hop, should be evidence of that)

Oh, Supermanny, before you label me as a "hater of Pacman" or say that i am "blinded for my love of De la hoya" like you do to every poster that dissagree's with you, For the record i was rooting for Pacman to pull the upset, nor is DLH my favorite fighter. Oh, and i was never one of those guys that said they were going to boycott it. but i completely agree that it should have not taken place at all.

-Ian
Exactly. Great night for Manny, but a fight against an opponent that wasn't shot like Marquez would've been much harder.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
This is getting embarrassing for you. you are not answering anything. your just rambling about me being biased, though have yet to prove that. which, as i have mentioned earlier, is far from the case anyway. im not sure how i can make this anymore clear for you. I WANTED PACMAN TO WIN. I WAS NOT ONE WHO SAID THIS FIGHT SHOULD BE BOYCOTTED. I WAS NOT WEARING ANTI-PACMAN GLASS, OR ANY GLASSES AT ALL.

You have yet to show any proof of anything. NOTHING. JUST RAMBLING.

"What, so Pac is the heavier fighter now?"
Do you know anything? The HBO scales, the night of the fight, had Pacman at 148.5 while DLH was only at 147 pounds. If you can do simple math...who am I kidding you can't, I'll do it for you. 148.5-147= 1.5. As you can see, DLH was 1.5 pounds lighter than Manny in the ring.

"...beating the man who had just beaten FMJ a year ago"
God this is getting amazing. Please, PLEASE don't tell me your this oblivious. Check his record, Floyd is undefeated, and his fight with DLH while being close, is hardly controversial.

DLH was baffled with Pac's speed, and after tasting Pac's left he became tentative?
Of course i thought of that, and if DLH hadn't faced fighters both as fast and more powerful than Manny at 147-154 i might agree with you.

Seeing how you did not dispute anything i said about DLH being shot (in that he was slow, gave up to easily, was slow, weak, made no adjustments, etc) and how that he was not a great fighter that night, i can only assume that you agree. and if your brain works well enough to follow the logic in my previous post, then you can see how you are wrong. DLH was a great fighter,but on the night manny faced him, he was an average fighter. And beating an average fighter, no matter what his name is, should not jolt you into the record books. This isn't close to Manny's best win.

Stop spinning circles and typing the same lame responses. All you have said is that I am biased, yet even if i was, you have yet to show me anything that would prove my "biased" view wrong. Plus you have almost no bases to call me biased, other than that i do not agree with you.

Go take a debate class kid, cause you just got your ass whooped.

-Ian
Great post. Showed Supermanny the truth all right :laugh:.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Great post. Showed Supermanny the truth all right :laugh:.
No man, you are just hater, and you must hate De La Hoya as well calling him shot and diminishing the victory of intergalactic mexi-destroyer! Enough with the hate! :cheeky4: :)

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts

man, you can not be serious!? you must've been smoking that same batch of "badness" the judge who scored it for dlh did!:laugh:

i really hope pbf comes back to take pac on. pbf beat a bigger and stronger dlh who wouldn't dare fight him at 147. after forbes touched him up in his "getting ready for floyd" fight he wasn't going to go through with the suggestion of fighting floyd at 147. he probably would've offered floyd a bigger cut to fight him at 154 again. if it would've gone forward as planned the fight would've ended in the same fashion as pac/dlh did if not quicker. dlh basically viewed pac as less of a threat, and got his ass beat for his troubles. he didn't take into account that staying around 147 for so long would have a bad effect on him. like steward said throughout the fight "everyone who picked dlh to win the fight thought he'd be 10 to 15 pounds heavier than pac". that was dumb move on team dlh' part.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.