Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who were you most impessed with?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Might be Obvious...but Micheal Phelps (swimming)..C'mon 8 gold medals,..7 world records I think? the guys not Human...I was greatly Impressed with Usain Bolt (track & Field) as well..dude runs like a cheetah.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was greatly impressed with PHelps as well, but I was most impressed with Bolt. I expected Phelps to do his thing. The world records he beat were mostly set by himself in the first place. Bolt Had 3 events, He won gold in all three and set the world record in all three. And were talking about 1 world record that will define himself as the fastest man on the planet and we have 1 world record that people like myself thought would NEVER be beat, and then we have 1 record that had been in tact for almost 20 years. There are rumors bolt may make a surprise appearance in the 4x400 tonight for jamaica.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Definitely Bolt.

However for the 4x100 I do think Powell isn't getting the credit he deserves. He ran such a fast home straight it was unebelievable.

Would have loved to have seen a fully fit Tyson Gay, a confident and no problems Asafa Powell & Usain Bolt running in the 100m. Would have been a dream race.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think its the British Cycling team as they wone 9 golds 3 silvers and 2 brozes from 10 events. Chris Hoye is a hero.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely Bolt.

However for the 4x100 I do think Powell isn't getting the credit he deserves. He ran such a fast home straight it was unebelievable.

Would have loved to have seen a fully fit Tyson Gay, a confident and no problems Asafa Powell & Usain Bolt running in the 100m. Would have been a dream race.
I agree 100 percent with everything you just said. The Tyson that ran at the trials vs the last leg of 4x100 powell vs any version of bolt would of been an amazing race.

Im going to start calling him Insane Bolt.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Bolt did his thing no doubt, But as said above Not all contenders were up to Par, Phelps beat eveyrone and even beat that serbian guy Cavic by one-hundredth of a second to win the 100 fly which is his weakest event..on Top of that when he won his 6th gold medal and like 2 hrs or less later had to qualify for the 100 fly...thats crazy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bolt did his thing no doubt, But as said above Not all contenders were up to Par, Phelps beat eveyrone and even beat that serbian guy Cavic by one-hundredth of a second to win the 100 fly which is his weakest event..on Top of that when he won his 6th gold medal and like 2 hrs or less later had to qualify for the 100 fly...thats crazy.
This was bolts first year to even run the 100 m dash. So Thats my argument.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yea but since Phelps barely beat that guy by hundreth of a second, i was more impressed by Bolt because he blew everybody out in his races.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Yea but since Phelps barely beat that guy by hundreth of a second, i was more impressed by Bolt because he blew everybody out in his races.

I dont know but I recall phelps winning a race by about 5 bodies..thats nuts...in all, both athletes were great in the olympics, too bad there were soo much bad judging throughout the olympics.

G

·
I agree 100 percent with everything you just said. The Tyson that ran at the trials vs the last leg of 4x100 powell vs any version of bolt would of been an amazing race.

Im going to start calling him Insane Bolt.
tbh i dont think a injury free tyson gay or asafa powel could of touched Bolt

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tbh i dont think a injury free tyson gay or asafa powel could of touched Bolt
They've both beat bolt numerous times. A year ago they were beating him in the 200 and 100. Bolt was just on the top of his game and tyson and powell were not. Also, bolt is on his way up whereas tyson and powell are excitting to an extent.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No place for the irish boxers? outdone the americans an all?
This thread had nothing to do with boxing. Thast why I put it in the lounge. Because nothing to do with the olympic boxing impressed me. No one boxer really imprsesed me that much to be honest. So I didnt just not mention irish boxers, I didnt mention boxing period. :thumbsup:

However if you were MOST impressed with irish boxing in the olympics, there is a OTHER choice. :thumbsup:

G

·
They've both beat bolt numerous times. A year ago they were beating him in the 200 and 100. Bolt was just on the top of his game and tyson and powell were not. Also, bolt is on his way up whereas tyson and powell are excitting to an extent.
they may well of beaten bolt before lance, but neither has EVER run the 100m in the time Bolt did and slow down to celebrate for the last 10m and still break the world record.

neither has ever got close to Michael Johnsons WR before in the 200m either.

Sorry bud, no chance in hell it would of made a difference. bolt has more in the tank for the 100,alot more, they would of had to of run the fastest race of their lives and hope bolt was very very bad, its all down to times and gay and powell aint doing the time BOlt done + time to celebrate regardless of fitness:thumbsup:

G

·
This thread had nothing to do with boxing. Thast why I put it in the lounge. Because nothing to do with the olympic boxing impressed me. No one boxer really imprsesed me that much to be honest. So I didnt just not mention irish boxers, I didnt mention boxing period. :thumbsup:

However if you were MOST impressed with irish boxing in the olympics, there is a OTHER choice. :thumbsup:
not even the great rasheer Warren?:laugh:

my original post was a joke Lance.

nothing beats Usain Bolt in any poll.

By the way, if you watched Lomachenko , i really dont know how you couldnt of been impressed by him,. he was sensational

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
they may well of beaten bolt before lance, but neither has EVER run the 100m in the time Bolt did and slow down to celebrate for the last 10m and still break the world record.

neither has ever got close to Michael Johnsons WR before in the 200m either.

Sorry bud, no chance in hell it would of made a difference. bolt has more in the tank for the 100,alot more, they would of had to of run the fastest race of their lives and hope bolt was very very bad, its all down to times and gay and powell aint doing the time BOlt done + time to celebrate regardless of fitness:thumbsup:
Actually Gay has ran a faster "time" but it was aided. No one has ever gotten close to johnsons record, ill giv eyou that.

not even the great rasheer Warren?:laugh:

my original post was a joke Lance.

nothing beats Usain Bolt in any poll.

By the way, if you watched Lomachenko , i really dont know how you couldnt of been impressed by him,. he was sensational
I know it was a joke, I was just explaining. I have all 70 plus hours of the olympic boxing on dvd now and have watched every bit of it. I've been expressed by a few fighters from cuba anda few others, including warren, but nothing really dazzled me like the individual performacnes like phelps and bolt.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Let's put this into perspective, running is a tougher sport than swimming, their athletes are better and has to do more with natural ability. You can teach someone (almost anyone) how to swim fast because it's in a combfortable setting (a pool) where your body doesn't take a beating, you can not do the same in track. Usain Bolt broke the 2 most revered records in the Olympics in impressive fashion on both occasions, Bolt wins this by a mile in my book.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Bolt was a beast, Phelps was more dominant since he took gold in 8 different events, I'm glad the beautiful ladies in the 4x400m grabbed the gold, and the fellas took the 4x400m gold as they should have. I was ticked at what happened to the men's and women's 4x100m sprint, and as well as Felix and Richards not winning the gold. I think the JAM would have taken the gold in the 4x100m regardless though. But they both redeemed themselves in the 4x400m race. I was also heartbroken on what happened to Lola in the 100m hurdles.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts