• Marco Antonio Barrera

Votes: 6 85.7%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Erik Morales or Marco Antonio Barrera.

Both are Mexican idols, and have been multi-weight world champions and achieved alot. But who, ten years down the line, do you think will be remembered as the best of the two?

Firstly, you could look at their record against each other. Its the most obvious way, and although Barrera won their trilogy 2-1 there were some controversial. Personally, i had the 1st for Barrera, the 2nd for Morales and the 3rd a draw. All three fights were so close, its hard to judge who was the best out of them both. Secondly, you can look at the people they have and mutual opponents.

The big win MAB has over Morales is Hamed, but the big win Morales has over MAB is Pacquiao, you could also say that MAB should have a win against JMM on his record. Look at how their faired in big fights, Barrera took Kevin Keeley out in the 4th, Morales faced a nearer his prime Keeley and stopped him in the 7th. Barrera lost twice to Junior Jones, once by DQ and then lost the rematch on points. However, Morales took an older Jones out inside 4 rounds.

They have both showed they had iron chins, massive hearts and are both brilliant boxers. I think there too close in achievements, and their fights were too good to judge who was the best. Its very close, but who do you think was the better of the two??

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
you had the thrid fight a draw? that fight was clearly won by barrera although it was an aewsome fight. I thought barrera won the first, morrales 2nd and barrera 3rd. Barrera has a better legacy. But if barrera cant beat pacquiao, morales may get the nod. IM afraid they all may be in the shadows of young pacquiao.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought i did, i might have saved my scorecards somewhere but im almost certain i had 1 to MAB, 1 to Morales and 1 even. I always preferred Morales, and think he should go down as the best. I think Morales has a massive edge over a Barrera in the sense that he beat Pacman, whereas i dont think MAB will ever manage it.

I have more respect for Morales too because of the backgrounds, Morales came from Tijuana, had a low class background lived in poverty with littl education. Boxing was really his life. Barrera came from upper class Mexico City, has a decent lifestyle growing up and had a good education, i think he was going to be a lawyer. Morales always fought for the fans, he said after the Pacquiao fight that if the fans want a 4th fight with Barrera then thats what he would look for.

I preferred Morales personally and will look back on him being the better, and i think Morales is preferred in Mexico from what i have heard. Both were fantastic fighters though, the three fights they delivered were awesome.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think Morales is the better of the two but i think Barrera will go down in history as the better one :(. He had the longer career, won his title first but still was always on Morales lvl. barrera has a win over Johnny Tapia that to my knowledge Morales never fought. barrera knocked out Paulie Ayala and ofc Hamed. Imo Barrera losses against Jones are not as bad as Morales loss to Raheem. Morales started to fail at 30 and imo Barrera is still great at 33.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Don't think I can pick one or the other. They were both great. Trilogy was one of the best if not THE best I ever seen.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iv always favoured Morales, i dont know why but this is just one of those things. Its hard to seperate them on ability or achievements, so you just go with the guy you favour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts