Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
well I doubt we will see a Mosley-Cotto 2 anytime soon but maybe. Mayweather said he is done. Hatton might go back down...depends on the next best offer IMO. I would like to see Hatton-Cotto just to see how it would go. I think we will see Cotto-Margarito up next or Hatton-Margarito. Maybe a 4 way thing that was supposed to happen with Cotto-Mosley vs Hatton-Mayweather.

Maybe:

Cotto-Margarito vs Hatton-Williams

that would be interesting but then again Zab Judah is looking for a fight and I think Hatton would be a good opponent for him.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Any chance of seeing Hatton vs. Cotto has absolutely gone. You guys didnt see it but Billy Graham (Hatton's trainer) was interviewed afterwards on the UK broadcast and he basically said Hatton didnt keep to the gameplan, and then he went to say "I told everyone he was a Junior-Welterweight". After the Collazo fight Graham did say Hatton would never fight at WW again, but the big money against Floyd obviously changed his mind.

Id say Cotto should look to fight Mayweather, maybe go to Williams if Floyd wants a break. Cotto being WBA & WBO champion then fighting Floyd would make it huge.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yup, Mayweather wont be fighting anytime soon, so Cotto should get one fight in the meantime. Imo he vs any of the ww titleholders should be great.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Htton is a junior welterweight for sure. I think he would dominate Judah though...

·
Registered
21 Posts
i think that if mayweather does not step up, then hitman hatton should fight, he is a great figther, and always brings a good fast pace fight to watch, he is a great figther

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Any chance of seeing Hatton vs. Cotto has absolutely gone. You guys didnt see it but Billy Graham (Hatton's trainer) was interviewed afterwards on the UK broadcast and he basically said Hatton didnt keep to the gameplan, and then he went to say "I told everyone he was a Junior-Welterweight". After the Collazo fight Graham did say Hatton would never fight at WW again, but the big money against Floyd obviously changed his mind.

Id say Cotto should look to fight Mayweather, maybe go to Williams if Floyd wants a break. Cotto being WBA & WBO champion then fighting Floyd would make it huge.
Only problem is Cotto won't beat Williams. So it would then be a matchup of either Cotto Cintron, or Cotto Hatton

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Cintron-Williams isn't happening anymore. I agree that Williams is a horrible match up for Cotto. Hell, Williams is horrible for anyone.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Id like to see Cotto take another strap and make the potential future fight v Mayweather even more appealing!!

As for Hatton I dont think he will compete up there at 147 and 140 is preaty limited at the moment and I wouldnt like to see him bk fighting the likes of Malignaggi, D-Hop, etc. Maybe its just the major payday v Oscar in the UK and then calling it a day??

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Altough Cotto will problaby make more money wit a figt against De La Hoya i still think he should figt Mayweather.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Brutus said:
Altough Cotto will problaby make more money wit a figt against De La Hoya i still think he should figt Mayweather.
Floyd dont want that fight. If he wanted it he would have said it. He knows thats the biggest fight to be made right now and he knows that MSG is the place for that fight. Cotto should fight Cintron and take his title in march then fight Floyd again in july 4th weekend.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Did Mayweather say Hatton's name after the DLH fight? No, infact i dont remember Floyd ever saying any fighter's name after any fight. All you Cotto fans make me laugh, you watch the fight and just because he didnt say anything regarding Cotto, you think hes ducking him:laugh: Come on guys, if it worked like that hes ducking a hell of a lot of people:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Did Mayweather say Hatton's name after the DLH fight? No, infact i dont remember Floyd ever saying any fighter's name after any fight. All you Cotto fans make me laugh, you watch the fight and just because he didnt say anything regarding Cotto, you think hes ducking him:laugh: Come on guys, if it worked like that hes ducking a hell of a lot of people:laugh:
Once he makes the fight better yet once Floyd starts talking about the fight with Cotto then I would say that hes not ducking him. But to know that the Cotto fight is the fight to be make the biggest fight to be made in the sport and you dont make it says alot. The boxing fans would have been extremely satisfied if Floyd would have even metioned Cotto as a possible fight 10 years from now just say anything about it.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I couldnt care less if he mentioned it or not, its common sense the fight will happen. Mayweather fights for the money now, outside of DLH rematch the only fight that can make him the big money is Cotto. I personally think both fighters want the fight, but will Bob Arum want to make it?

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
so, now floyd is going to duck cotto, right? WRONG! look, guys we need to just sit back and relax and let things materialize. mayweather will fight cotto, so the "mayweather's not going to fight cotto" movement needs to be stopped. it may not happen as soon as we would like it to, but it will happen.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Of course it will happen, Cotto may even fight once more before but its going to happen. I see Cotto-Clottey in March, then Mayweather in July at MSG.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts