Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Which Is the Best?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pacquiao's performance was excellent, but among active fighters was it the best title winning effort while being the first fight in a new weight division?

·
Banned
145 Posts
I voted Hopkins, Hopkins at 41 was the underdog against Tarver and he took Tarver to school.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I say DLH v Chavez. No way did I think DLH was going to put that azz whooping on Chavez like he did.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hopkins could have easily taken lesser challenges or simply given up after his two close decision losses against Taylor, but instead he moved up to light heavy and owned Tarver, the younger, bigger, and supposedly stronger guy who was coming off of two huge wins, so I went with that one.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Cotto destroying Quintana for me.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I voted Hopkins, Hopkins at 41 was the underdog against Tarver and he took Tarver to school.
Bernard Hopkins for sure I knew he'd put a whuppin on Tarver like he did on Tiro

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
from that list, im going with pac over diaz. But I think roy vs ruiz was more impressive now that I think about it. He dominated every round, even stunned ruiz. Plus won a piece of the most significant title in the world, as a former middleweight.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
from that list, im going with pac over diaz. But I think roy vs ruiz was more impressive now that I think about it. He dominated every round, even stunned ruiz. Plus won a piece of the most significant title in the world, as a former middleweight.
Yeah, I forgot about that one til I had made the list it definitely belongs up there, moving up 25 pounds after one fight is unheard of. Pacquiao is up there because of where he started at and how easy he dominated and KO'ed a career lightweight and beltholder. R Marquez went up one weight class and beat the best in the division and a P4P'er. Cotto anihalated a good undefeated boxer coming off the biggest win of his life. B-Hop at 43 jumping 2 weight classes made Tarver look like a d level, f level fighter in their fight.

I think it's between these more than any of the others

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Hopkins beating Tito > Hopkins beating Tarver imo.
Tito was definitely the better opponent of the two, but he was also the smaller, and Bernard wasn't coming off of two losses when he fought Trinidad. Plus Trinidad beating Joppy, as emphatic as it was, wasn't on the same level as Tarver KOing Jones. That's my reasoning.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts