Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who's the best in the game?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the recent problems with one particular referee. I feel this needs its own thread so we don't continue to mess up threads that have nothing to do with refs. So My question is, Who is the best ref in the business right now?

Also, Kenny Bayless is referring the Cotto/Margarito fight. This is a good choice in my opinion.

Discuss.

And Please, lets not bring up past discussions, lets start off fresh with no material.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Because unlike a certain someone, he truly is fair but firm. He handles the huge guys great, and he knows when to break up action and when not to.

Frank Cappuccino deserves an honorable mention but he retired as a ref about a month ago.

G

·
Because he doesn't get too involved and this usually results in free flowing action. He's also consistant and knows that he's ONLY there to ref the fight and the attraction is the other two guys in the ring.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Because unlike a certain someone, he truly is fair but firm. He handles the huge guys great, and he knows when to break up action and when not to.

Frank Cappuccino deserves an honorable mention but he retired as a ref about a month ago.
Please, don't start the hate dude.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Tony Weeks. The way he handled Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo 1 was amazing

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I went with Smoger for reason explained above but Nady and that tall bald black guy is also good.(i always forget his name)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tony Weeks. The way he handled Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo 1 was amazing
I agree.

I went with Smoger for reason explained above but Nady and that tall bald black guy is also good.(i always forget his name)
Good choice, Not a fan of Nady, but he's fun to watch try to give out instructions before a fight lol. I know who your talking about ( the black guy ) just can't think of his name. He sweats alot, I know that lol.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's not steele I was thinking about. I never did care for him. He was good though. Robert Byrd is a very good ref.

Mitch Halpern was a great ref, to bad he commited suicide.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats not the one I'm thinking of, Its a big black guy, bald, sweats alot, usually wears a green shirt. Mostly does heavyweight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I voted Smoger. I like the way he handles himself in the ring, and also hes never to quick to jump in for the premature stoppage, he usually gives the fighters a good chance. Other refs may have stepped in to stop Pavlik-Taylor I in the 2nd.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts