Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen so many top all time p4p lists and almost noone mentions him, the dude was one of the best ever.

people should recognize

·
Registered
140 Posts
I see that, like me, you are a Duran fan. I'm just wondering if you can comment on my previous post, below this one, about why Duran was so angry.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Read my post on the Duran treat,a lot of that anger came from his mother , she had to raise him and his brothers and sisters single handely in one of the worst slumsin panama, she send him out into the world really young 10 to help make a living , he shined shoes for miserable tips
according to him her hard life had hardened the woman who only seemed able to show tough love I guess she felt it was the only way to prepare her sons for a hard world... and she sure did.. one of the first things Roberto did upon earning some real money was buy his mother a house out of that terrible slum...

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
The Pryor losses was then he was out of his prime and over his weightclass, so imo Pryor fights shouldnt hurt his legacy.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Arguello is one of my favorite fighters of all time. Great guy out of the ring, and a great fighter in the ring. He had a great right hand, and decent speed and could take a punch. His two fights with Pryor should have a "*" next to them because Pryor was clearly on something. Mainly the first fight. Coke (not the soda) or something had to be in that mysterious bottle. I remember Arguello dropping him, and Pryor springing back up. Arguello makes my top 15 P4P, and I am seriously considering top 10.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
The Pryor losses was then he was out of his prime and over his weightclass, so imo Pryor fights shouldnt hurt his legacy.
This is acurate ,Pryor caught Alexis late in his career and had the perfect style to beat him as he clearly did twice, drugs or no drugs,Pryor was faster, trew more punches and was clearly stronger, he might have had ilegal help from that scumbag Panama lewis,but he cleary didn't needed and would have defeated Arguello regardless....

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
This is acurate ,Pryor caught Alexis late in his career and had the perfect style to beat him as he clearly did twice, drugs or no drugs,Pryor was faster, trew more punches and was clearly stronger, he might have had ilegal help from that scumbag Panama lewis,but he cleary didn't needed and would have defeated Arguello regardless....
Panama Lewis is worse than Don King. He almost caused the death of a fighter by taking the stuffing out of his fighter's gloves. I think Arguello would have won the first Pryor fight had Aaron not been on something. That was a knockout shot he simply leapt up from. I think Alexis had him.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Panama Lewis is worse than Don King. He almost caused the death of a fighter by taking the stuffing out of his fighter's gloves. I think Arguello would have won the first Pryor fight had Aaron not been on something. That was a knockout shot he simply leapt up from. I think Alexis had him.
As a matter of fact, and as far as I'm concern he is responsible for the eventual death of Collins, it was from the result of that fight and the depression afterwards that sended collins life in a downward spiral,I was there at the Orange bowl for the Arguello Pryor fight and beleive me my friend no amount of drugs are gonna cushion your brain from it bouncing of the walls inside you skull.
Pryor simply absorbed the shot and did his thing, if in fact he did drink an illegal substance, what ever it might have been it did not make any difference he was simply better that night. and as far as Panama Lewis is concern may he burn in hell and suffer the consecuenses of his despicable deeds for all eternity....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts